Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: speed loaders

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

speed loaders

Hi guys,

Wasn't sure where to put this so since I own Norinco 1911A1s I figured I'd ask it here.

I use Wilson 47Ds in my 45s and lately I have developed a thumb problem on both hands which sometimes makes loading magazines excruciating.

In your opinion what is the best load assister (speed loader I guess) to be used on single stack 45 magazines.

Also, this thumb problem makes my grip weaker and I was wondering if there is an aftermarket item or idea that would make the slide serrations easier to get a grip on.

When I am at my dealer and rack the modern non mil-spec 1911s with more aggressive serrations I can do it 100% but with the mil spec sometimes my grip slips off the serrations because of the loss of strength in my hands.

Any ideas?

Rmocarsky

Posts liked by others
    The UPLULA mag loader is the answer to all your problems!

I bought one for my wife back in 2008, and she never got it...
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer
    Likes (4) :
    BHP9 (14th July 2020), BrettID (20th July 2020), Doran (15th July 2020), latew (2nd August 2020)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
    The UPLULA mag loader is the answer to all your problems!

I bought one for my wife back in 2008, and she never got it...
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^
    MFWIC
    DILLIGAF
    Stercus Accidit
    WTFDTSG

Posts liked by others
    Another vote for the Uplula. It's designed for double stack but works with single stack also. They also sell an accessory plate that will reduce the double stack "magwell" down to single stack if you require it. My wife couldn't load any magazines without one.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    Another vote for the Uplula. It's designed for double stack but works with single stack also. They also sell an accessory plate that will reduce the double stack "magwell" down to single stack if you require it. My wife couldn't load any magazines without one.
    I’ve been loading single and double stack mags with mine “as is” for years.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
    I’ve been loading single and double stack mags with mine “as is” for years.
    I'm running 2. 1 as is and the other with the plate on.
    MFWIC
    DILLIGAF
    Stercus Accidit
    WTFDTSG