Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Classic XB

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

American Classic XB

Finally got out to the range with my Metro American Classic XB. Unfortunately it was pretty darn windy so my accuracy stunk, but the gun functioned fine and shot great until I got to the mag with the Federal Aluminum. That stuff just didn't want to play, wouldn't chamber or feed at all. Went back to brass and all went fine. The grip is larger because it's double stack but fits my larger than average hand just fine, even better than my Remington R1. I had better accuracy too, even with the wind. The sights are a bit different with orange dots, one front and two rear with white under the rear notch. I found them to work quite well actually, the white really makes the front sight stand out. Over all, I am quite pleased with it and look forward to some calmer weather.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posts liked by others
    Interesting. I didn't know that Metro Arms was offering a double stack.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    They actually have four of them. The American Classic XB comes chambered in 45acp or 9mm and the MAC 3011 is chambered in 45acp and 40s&w. I may pick up the 9mm someday, if I can find one. SootchOO did a great review on it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEL-7EqT1VE&t=894s

Posts liked by others
    Hey brother was wanting to purchase some extra double stack magazines I bought the American classic xB and was wondering if the Remington magazines are interchangeable with the xB thank you for a response.

Posts liked by others
    I ordered 2 of these from Armscor--- https://advancedtactical.com/1911-fs...h-act-mag.html They are the same as the one that came with the gun and actually hold 14 rounds each. They are labeled P-14 for Para 14 which was the first A2 on the market. My Remington uses standard 1911 8 round mags which will not work. If you live in a state with magazine capacity limits, they also make 10 rounders for the double stack guns. If you're not in a hurry, this guy has a better price but they are out of stock right now---https://gregcotellc.com/cart/actmag-metroarms-mac-ssd-3011-c-161/mac-3011-ssd-or-mac-3011-ssd-tactical-1911-45-acp-14-rd-54171-p-1332.html

Posts liked by others
    There was a Remington 16 round double stack 45acp which looks the exact same just wondered if they would run

Posts liked by others
    Do you still own both are they 45 acp

Posts liked by others
    The XT is double stack and the Remington is a Standard 1911, single stack. I have never seen a Remington double stack. This post may help----https://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?111782-Para-Hi-Cap-1911-magazines

Also this----https://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?110018-Remington-double-stacks-versus-Para-double-stacks I guess Remington bought Para and started building their double stacks before they too went out of business. It looks like the Remington mags should work fine.

Posts liked by others
    Yeah the Remington r1 is a double stack 45 ACP 1911

Posts liked by others
    The Remington r1 limited

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast