Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Anybody know where this 1911 Manufacture pdf came from?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Anybody know where this 1911 Manufacture pdf came from?

I have a pdf file, about 7,787 KB, that describes the manufacturing process of the 1911 pistol. I think it must have come from here, or from a link from here, and I want to refer someone to it.

It says it is from Machinery, Volume 49, Number 4, New York December 1942, and has a picture on the first page of US soldiers pointing 1911 pistols, and the Text Making a World-Famous Automatic Pistol by E.P. Herrick, Production Engineer Colt's Patent Fire Arms Mfg. Co. Hartford, Conn.

If anyone recognizes this, I'd appreciate knowing. And if you know where it is, if it is still on the Web somewhere, that would be great!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
    Andrew

Posts liked by others
    Regards,
    Ray K
    Central Florida
    Likes (3) :
    BobCat45 (25th May 2020), MuyModesto (25th May 2020), Peters (8th June 2020)

Posts liked by others
    Thanks! That is exactly the document.

Now I can refer someone to that site/link without having to email the large .pdf file, or trying to explain where I got it and why I don't remember where it came from.

Thanks again!

Regards,
    Andrew
    http://www.bayourifles.org

"Retractable claws - the *original* concealed carry"

Posts liked by others
    Now that's an interesting .pdf, for those of us that like heavy machinery. Thanks!
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    I haven't seen this. Pretty Cool!

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by rkammer View Post
    Thank you! Another interesting publication about our loved 1911.
    Cheers,
    Peter

NRA Benefactor Life Member