Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Colt "Walther-Umerex) 1911, 22 LR

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Colt "Walther-Umerex) 1911, 22 LR

I was browsing around the net the other day and came across these Colt 1911, 22LR pistols. Started doing a search on reviews and found that this gun is actually rated very good. They were running about $300 to $350 (MSRP a little over $400). Buds had them on sale for $254 so I ordered one.

My sample weights 32.8 ounces compared to a full size 1911 which is close to 40 ounces. It really feels good in your hand with the rubber grips and full size frame.

I have read that the gun likes 40 gr. CCI MiniMag solid point ammo the best. Today at the range, I fist tried some CCI MiniMags (36 gr., hp) ammo and the gun ran perfectly with it. I then tried some CCI Stingers and the gun would not run at all (which was expected).

Finally, I tried the recommended CCI MiniMag 40 grn solid point and again, it ran without a hiccup.

This thing is so much fun, I decided to order an Advantage Arms, 22 LR conversion for a Colt Commander. I plan on putting it on a nice Combat Commander or a full size ATI MilSpec .45.

Will let you know how it works out.

Would appreciate and comments and/or advise on these .22 guns and conversions.

Thanks gang,

trooper Joe

Posts liked by others
    Cue the wayback machine. John published a review of that 9 years ago, in the e-zine.

https://ezine.m1911.org/showthread.p...-by-Umarex-USA
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    Cue the wayback machine. John published a review of that 9 years ago, in the e-zine.

https://ezine.m1911.org/showthread.p...-by-Umarex-USA
    This the article I found the other day that convinced me I should buy one of these. Just checked all the responses to this article and found a wealth of information.

I did add a Taylors base plate to my magazine. It worked great.

https://www.taylor-tactical-supply.c...colt-22-bp.htm

Trooper Joe

Posts liked by others
    Just got back from the second range trip and WOW.

Functions perfectly with CCI Mini Mag hp 36 grn as well as 40 gr solid point. It also functioned with no hiccups on some bulk, Federal HV 40 gr lead ammo.

I like the Taylor base plate so much that I ordered two more for the two extra magazines I have coming.

Got to work on the accuracy a little, however, it seems to get better the more I shoot it. The trigger seems real nice (I actually have some Colt 1911s that are not this nice).

I am being careful with the slide hold open device since this an alloy slide. I sling shot the first shot with a full magazine. I also am careful with the cleaning fluid and am avoiding Hoppes #9 (as per some warning in the above articles). Michigan State Police is using exclusively Gunzilla cleaning fluid. It seems to work just fine.

Still waiting for the Advantage Arms, 22 LR conversion for a Colt Commander, that I ordered.

I had a Sig Sauer 22 LR conversion kit for a P229 that I bought several years ago. Took that to the range today also. It would only work with CCI MiniMags 40 grn round nose and was a little finicky even with that (not bad though but not as good as the Umerex Colt}.

Trooper Joe

Posts liked by others
    Gunzilla is good stuff. That's what I use.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I bought one of those in September. I bought the sand colored version with the rail that looks like an M45.

I have about a thousand rounds through it. The gun is NOT ammo sensitive at all, and runs fine with standard velocity ammo including some old Remington blue label target ammo.

Finding a holster for it was a bit of an adventure but I found one on eBay made in Turkey that turned out to be of good quality.