Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feed Ramp

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Feed Ramp

Picked up a Pro Carry II used. The price was one of those that one would not pass on it so I jumped. I find the ramp is aluminum and looking for feed back. Is this sn issue for feeding being such its a soft metal? Polish it? Is the Pro Carry II a cheap low priced entry level throw away Kimber? Look for a way to install a metal feed ramp? Sell?

I have read on the metal lip of the Kimber mags being an issue chewing up the frame after a while. The solution was to use Wilson magazines with the plastic follower. Will the feed ramp be or is it an issue? No I have not shot it yet, the range I belong to is closed.

Posts liked by others
    DO NOT ATTEMPT TO POLISH AN ALUMINUM ALLOY FEED RAMP!

If your magazines have a skirt at the front of the follower that extends down into the mag tube, you have the Check-Mate patented followers, which prevent the follower from gouging the feed ramp. Shoot it and don't worry about it.

Post photos of your magazines and we can try to tell you what you have.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Likes (1) :
    JD11 (25th September 2020)

Posts liked by others
    I'll post pics soon

Posts liked by others
    Bottom one has the magazine in. I'll try and get better pictures

k1911.jpg

kk1911.jpg

Posts liked by others
    Little better, no flash

k11911.jpg

Posts liked by others
    Magazines

g1.jpg

Posts liked by others
    The one on the bottom is the OEM Kimber n the top is the Wilson I have from my others.

Posts liked by others
    That's an old style Kimber magazine. You're right -- don't use those in alloy pistols.

The new Check-Mate magazines are what you need.

See post #2 in this thread: https://forum.m1911.org/showthread.p...kmate-follower
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Last edited by Hawkmoon; 26th April 2020 at 17:32.

Posts liked by others
    Ok so this follower and spring is what I would need so I don't keep hitting the feed ramp? I see on my feed ramp its looks like the cartridge has nose dived a lot into the feed ramp.

Posts liked by others
    I'll just buy the whole check mate magazine. Would I be wrong in saying these magazine will not chew up the aluminum on the sides or drive the cartridge into the feed ramp?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast