Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Short reach triggers

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeR1911 View Post
    How does that effect muzzle flip? Are you able to maintain a solid grip?
    Is this directed toward me?

Shooting one handed can be a problem with some guns, but with a two handed grip, I put my trigger finger where it needs to be and just squeeze down with both hands.

However, with a gun like the CZ75B (which fascinatingly is often recommended in the "I've got small hands" threads all across the gun forums - it has to be by folks that don't have small hands), it requires me to rotate to the right to reach the trigger, and to the left to reach the thumb safety, and the thumb safety pivot point is about where the leading edge of Colt 1911 teardrop thumb safety would be.

A Beretta 92 that has a thicker grip and the slide mounted safety I consider less of an issue since I can reach the trigger easier and the slide safety/decocker I consider something I don't have to operate at speed.
    Last edited by JTQ; 27th April 2020 at 12:37.

Posts liked by others
    I think the push/pull technique where you push out with your strong hand and pull back with the support hand, where the grip pressure is focused on the front and back straps, is somewhat out of fashion and has been replaced by side pressure with each hand where the pressure is focused on the side panels.

In the latter technique, a righty, rotating his hand to the right to get more trigger reach would naturally put the hand in a stronger position for lateral pressure on the side panels.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the information.
    I haven’t decided to order a short reach trigger yet. I have been doing like you are.
    but with this crazy world right now, I haven’t been able to get to the range lately as it’s been closed.
    thanks again.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I think the push/pull technique where you push out with your strong hand and pull back with the support hand, where the grip pressure is focused on the front and back straps, is somewhat out of fashion and has been replaced by side pressure with each hand where the pressure is focused on the side panels.

In the latter technique, a righty, rotating his hand to the right to get more trigger reach would naturally put the hand in a stronger position for lateral pressure on the side panels.
    I respectfully disagree. Push-pull and side-pressure are not mutually exclusive, and the latter has not replaced the former. Firmly squeezing the pistol in the hands keeps the pistol from shifting in your hand(s) during recoil, as well as perhaps stiffening the wrists. Push-pull operates on the entire length of the arms and helps significantly in controlling recoil and getting back on target quickly.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Sarco still has a short trigger that's affordable

https://www.sarcoinc.com/1911-trigge...on-adjustable/
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Likes (2) :
    LeeR1911 (27th April 2020), Rick McC. (27th April 2020)

Last edited by Hawkmoon; 27th April 2020 at 17:51.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    I respectfully disagree. Push-pull and side-pressure are not mutually exclusive, and the latter has not replaced the former. Firmly squeezing the pistol in the hands keeps the pistol from shifting in your hand(s) during recoil, as well as perhaps stiffening the wrists. Push-pull operates on the entire length of the arms and helps significantly in controlling recoil and getting back on target quickly.
    Push-pull also reduces strong hand grip fingers from working too much in concert with index finger on trigger and rotating the gun in your hand as you pull the trigger. It's my #1 coaching correction for 7-8 o'clock right hand shooters.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the website, I will check it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12