Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Some new aftermarket grips for my 1911's.

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Some new aftermarket grips for my 1911's.

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd show off some new aftermarket grips for one of my 1911's and for my son's. These are the first ones I've purchased. Normally, I Like the stock ones. I'm giving my son a Colt 1991a1 for his graduation from VMI. My family has a long history carrying 1911's in the service of this country, so I thought it would make a nice gift. It's something I've started doing for all my kids for their college/trade school graduation. He is the second to receive one. Not being able to find an engraver locally for the gun, I decided to have his name and graduation date put on a set of grips. It's still unique, and doesn't impact the value of the gun.

Secondly, I decided to treat myself and get a set of grips to comemerate the first Army unit I served in. It's on a Auto-Ordnance I bought used for now. Might transfer to another pistol later. Right now it's on my hip as I don't mind the wear on the Auto-Ordnance from the holster.

After seeing them in person, there's a couple of things I would have changed, like the coloring for the names as they don't show up like I thought they would, and maybe shrink the Army emblems a little. Hope you enjoy the pics and it gives you an idea for something you might want to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mopar guy - Looking for clean rust free 69 Charger or parts car.
    www.dixierestorationparts.com

Posts liked by others
    Nice 1911A1 AO nice grips as well. How's its performance?

Posts liked by others
    I put a box of 50 cheap blazer FMJ's through it when I first got it a couple months back. Ran fine with only one failure to feed toward the end. Was using some cheap magazines, so that could be the culprit. Accuracy was good. All in all, very much like the 1911 I carried in the Army, which is what i was looking for.
    Mopar guy - Looking for clean rust free 69 Charger or parts car.
    www.dixierestorationparts.com