Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: EMP 9mm 3'' holster

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

EMP 9mm 3'' holster

I just picked up an EMP 9mm 3 inch. I am interested in an outside belt holster. I got a Don Hume JIT slide for two of my other pistols and really like them. They keep the pistol high and close to the body. My Ruger EC9s is a short barrel and does not stick out the bottom of the holster and not below the belt level. Great for a long T shirt or sweatshirt. I would like one of those for this pistol. The only thing on the list that might be similar is the Kimber micro and the Springfield micro. Would anybody happen to know if one listed for either of these would fit my EMP good. Or maybe one for a regular full size 1911 might work too since the barrel will stick out the bottom a little. I don't want an inside waistband holster for it. I find them to uncomfortable. In the summer I usually carry my Ruger in a pocket holster in my cargo shorts.
    Ron

Posts liked by others
    The EMP is a standard 1911 except that a vertical slice of about 1/8" has been taken out of the entire pistol up through the magazine well. Imagine taking a standard 1911 and running it through a band saw with a blade 1/8" think. Then glue the two halves together and you have an EMP.

Consequently, any holster made for a Colt Defender will work. If Don Hume doesn't have a holster for the Defender (3" barrel) in the model you like, you can always get one for a Colt Officers ACP (3-1/2" barrel) and leave a bit of empty space ahead of the muzzle. The Kimber Micro is NOT a 1911 and I would not expect a Micro holster to fit an EMP.

https://ezine.m1911.org//SAemp.htm

[Edit to add]Looks like in that holster you want a model 10-P10.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Last edited by Hawkmoon; 28th March 2020 at 23:41.

Posts liked by others
    Thank you. That is what I wanted to know. I knew there had to be another one out there similar in size and style. I didn't find the EMP in the list of holsters but did find the defender. It drops in another holster I have but very loose. I wouldn't want to actually carry it like that. It would work for a range holster but not carry.
    Ron

Posts liked by others
    Colt Defender, Para-Ordnance P10 and Slimhawg, and Kimber Ultra Carry are all 1911s with 3-inch barrels. Since the portion of the EMP where the shortening took place is outside of the holster, it will fit the same holsters that those pistols take.
    Hawkmoon
    Likes (1) :
    Rick McC. (29th March 2020)

Posts liked by others
    You are right on. I got a reply from Don Hume and they said my EMP 3" will fit any holster for a Colt Defender and the Kimber Ultra Carry. They use the No. 10-P10 holster. You are the book of knowledge for this forum.
    Ron

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron IL View Post
    You are right on. I got a reply from Don Hume and they said my EMP 3" will fit any holster for a Colt Defender and the Kimber Ultra Carry. They use the No. 10-P10 holster. You are the book of knowledge for this forum.
    Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile.

FWIW, I have a couple of Don Hume holsters, and I think they are top shelf. You can pay a lot more for a holster, but you'll have to look hard to find a better holster.
    Hawkmoon
    Last edited by Hawkmoon; 2nd April 2020 at 00:08.