Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coronvirus in Europe

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Coronvirus in Europe

I'm writing from Italy, and I can tell you that here we've got a bit of a problem with this Coronavirus, in any case Italy favors the health of its people and adopts a safeguard technique, while other nations so far have ignored this problem, for instance the United Kingdom favors the "economic side" and seems ready to pay the high price of the death of a large number of British people.
    Italy is a great country, I'd remind that in Europe our economy ranks second just behind Germany and way ahead of France and UK, and now is fighting with all its strength against a sneaky virus and against even more subtle nations (France, Germany, Austria).
    We will get out of it well, with a greater bond towards our Nation , sometimes mistreated. We must, despite some inevitable mistakes, applaud our Government without looking at the political color, not listening to the few who're rowing against in a reckless way, considering the difficult moment.
    Originality can't be restored, so put "originality" at the top of a priority list. If JMB didn't put it on the 1911 you don't need it.

Posts liked by others
    Sergio, thanks for the update. It's good to read that your nation is doing its best to fight this disease. I pause to pray for the health of us all.
    i sold all my handguns. . . . . . . . . . except for the 1911 style pistols in .45 ACP.
    Likes (1) :
    Sergio Natali (16th March 2020)

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the update, neighbor! Things in Greece have been much better until now, but... we'll see.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter
    Likes (1) :

Posts liked by others
    Sergio, I hope that you and your family are not infected, and that you take necessary precautions to remain uninfected. It's going to be a rough ride for a couple of months, but I hope we'll come through it stronger and wiser.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Likes (1) :

Posts liked by others
    The U.S. is likewise taking the virus very seriously as the scenario changes daily. Each day gets a new "view" and guidance as things change. Fortunately the U.S. has a tremendous wealth of medical and scientific professionals and a President that understands the need for guarded calm!

All the best,

John
    Likes (1) :
    Sergio Natali (4th August 2020)

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Sergio, my neighbor, I feel sorry for the way coronavirus is spreading in Italy! It's really awful. I sincerely hope you get over this, although the number of casualties increases every day.

I hope you and your family stay healthy and avoid all the health problems, although financial problems are hard to avoid.

Do stay in touch!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Likes (1) :
    Sergio Natali (4th August 2020)

Posts liked by others
    I loved Italy when I was there and it pains me to hear of what this virus is doing to this magnificent countries people. My best wishes for good health.
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus
    Likes (1) :
    Sergio Natali (23rd March 2020)

Posts liked by others
    Here in Italy all started probably in February from ONE single person, a businessman that came back from China with some other German colleagues, they had been in China for a conference, and he came back to Italy through Germany, and they though they could easily detect all the people he had been with for the previous ten days, but they were wrong and now we see the results.
    In the last 15 days we've had pretty strong restrictions but abroad they didn't learn from our bad experience.
    Genuinely don't think that in other countries anyone is taking this seriously enough, and probably won't be until something happens to one of their loved one.
    In Europe I seem to notice that everyone still congregating with little or no protection... Where are the masks?? Why aren't staff in shops and public transport being given gloves and masks?? Why other countries in Europe haven't learned from our experience? Why were they only criticizing us instead of taking measures to prevent the contagion ?
    Here in Italy we are all shocked at how hard this has hit other countries, and can't understand why are they still doing pretty much nothing to try and control the situation.

God bless us all.
    Originality can't be restored, so put "originality" at the top of a priority list. If JMB didn't put it on the 1911 you don't need it.

Posts liked by others
    People are watching. I think in Greece we responded a bit faster than others. From 6am (04:00 UTC) today, only going out for serious reasons changed from being just advisory, into LAW. We need to fill and carry a document to say why we're outside, or we may pay a 150 euro fine.

This was because many idiots (of all ages) spent the weekend at the beaches, or having barbecues. The government warned people that it would make the measures official, if people didn't take them seriously.

It's still the first day, but just looking out the window from our house, I think it's working.

So far the country has 15 dead, but of these 8 died in the last three days, and the number of new cases is rising exponentially. I really hope the new measures can arrest the rise in cases, but with symptoms only appearing 10 or 14 days after the fact, it will take at least that long for us to learn if we are too late.

That others in Europe (thinking of Britain mainly) are definitely later, is mind-blowing.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter
    Likes (1) :
    Sergio Natali (23rd March 2020)

Posts liked by others
    Here in Italy things are getting a bit better, this COVID 19 arrived here from China brought by a German businessman that stopped in Milan, although the first two cases of the 2020 COVID-19 were confirmed only on January 30, 2020, when two tourists from China tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus in Rome. An outbreak of COVID-19 infections was subsequently detected on February 20, 2020 starting from 16 confirmed cases in Lombardy.

If I'm not wrong about 246 000 positive cases have been recorded and so far about 35 000 people have died, while over 6,635,000 swabs for the virus have been carried out.
    We still wear surgical masks while in shops buses and trains.
    Even at the range you're supposed to have your mask on, and if you add shooting glasses and Peltor earmuffs make your shooting really difficult especially with the Summer temperature of these days (about 40°C 104 °F)
    Likes (3) :
    Pyrenean (3rd August 2020), Scarpetta (2nd August 2020), Spyros (2nd August 2020)

Last edited by Sergio Natali; 2nd August 2020 at 08:45.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast