Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Aftermarket Round Butt conversion???

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Aftermarket Round Butt conversion???

Recently picked up a ProAegis II in 9mm that is a joy to shoot. This earlier series did not come with the Kimber style round butt MSH. Wondering if anyone has had experience with sending a gun back to Kimber to have the round butt conversion done? Is it an actual possibility or should I just hire out locally to one of my gunsmiths?
    Thanks,
    Doc
    Semper Fi! Corpsman Up!
    Remember that a positive attitude might not solve all of your problems but it will annoy enough people around you to make it worth your while. - Herm Albright

Posts liked by others
    You can try calling them or e-mailing, to ask. If I had to guess, I'd say they probably don't do it as a service, because their version of the "bobtail" frame (originally an Ed Brown idea) is more rounded, so it has a bit too much metal under the mainspring housing pin holes. Which means that if you machine an existing frame to this profile, the current pin holes would probably be partly visible.

Again, just guessing. Try calling them.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter