Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a site for how to choose the correct holster for concealed carry?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    One thing about all this is certain: if you do anything with pistols for a significant period of time, you will probably accumulate a big box of holsters that you don't use any more.
    Likes (1) :
    A34 (1st April 2020)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by NuJudge View Post
    One thing about all this is certain: if you do anything with pistols for a significant period of time, you will probably accumulate a big box of holsters that you don't use any more.
    More true than I wish it to be
    Likes (1) :
    A34 (1st April 2020)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    Accidental discharge is negligent discharge, my opinion. Avoid it by training not to put your finger on the trigger until on target.
    Cross draw holsters are great and comfy for a lot of people the only drawback is you will sweep a larger area as you draw.
    Borrow some holsters from friends and see what appeals to you.
    I have two holsters I favor for different reasons one is a old (original) Milt Sparks IWB Summer Special the other is a Galco OWB.
    Kind like picking a mate, very personal choice and it is what you like, no one else.
    2 disadvantages ... while your arm is across your body, if your assailant is close enough, a quick down stroke can prevent you from accessing or from drawing to presentation.
    Likes (1) :
    A34 (1st April 2020)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
    2 disadvantages ... while your arm is across your body, if your assailant is close enough, a quick down stroke can prevent you from accessing or from drawing to presentation.
    True, if the bad guy has had some good training.

I can disarm a shooter holding a pistol against my forehead, temple, chest, or anywhere close to me, before they can pull the trigger. That said; I doubt that the average hood-rat has been similarly trained.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer
    Likes (1) :
    A34 (1st April 2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12