Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Lightly used Springfield 1911 - A1 in 9mm

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Lightly used Springfield 1911 - A1 in 9mm

I picked this one up at a very good price, and just got done doing a detail strip and cleaning. I installed a C&S light pull sear spring, and one of those slip-on Wilson magwells.

I plan on shooting it at next Tuesday’s IDPA practice.

418802C5-954C-4C79-BFE4-B4B766E26C00.jpg
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Posts liked by others
    That should be a SHUEET shooter! Nice find.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Very nice. I've never shot a 1911 in 9mm. What is the general consensus on ammo? I have several 9mm moulds.

Posts liked by others
    I use a NOE .358, 135 grain LRNFP, around 10 BHN and sized to .356 for 9mm and 38 Super and sized .357 for 38 Spl. I like a soft lube so it doesn't have to be heated during sizing. It feeds well and drop dead accurate.

I settled on this while sorting out a tumbling issue in a 9mm. Sizing to .356 or .357 solve the problem. I also use .357 plated bullets in 9mm!

Smiles,
    Likes (1) :
    Shopdog (2nd March 2020)

Posts liked by others
    My “go to” 9mm loads for the last 20 years or so have consisted of a Precision Delta 115 gr FMJ bullet over 5.4 gr of VV N320. They’ll load and shoot out of anything, and are very clean burning and accurate.

Rick

Likes (1) :
    Shopdog (2nd March 2020)

Posts liked by others
    Thanks.

Two moulds here that I use are older Lyman. 358-242 RN @124g and their 35?-402 TC @121g. Sorry for the thread detour,should start a new topic?

Posts liked by others
    I have shot several at the range I go to. I really liked them. In fact I bought one yesterday and will pick up Thursday. I got an EMP 3 inch two tone with night sights. I traded two Glocks I haven't shot in a long time and some cash. The pistol looks brand new. It sure feels good in the hand. It came with 4 mags. The cash came from some range pickup brass I took to the recycle yard. Had about 120 lb of brass. Still got that much left in buckets. All is tumbled ready to load. I just started loading 9 in the last three months. I picked up over 200 lb of 9 in three months. Plus a bunch of 45, 40, 223, 3006. Anything laying around that is brass. I could sweep up thousands of 22 almost daily. They are shooting a lot of 22 now.
    Ron
    Likes (1) :
    Rick McC. (3rd March 2020)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    That should be a SHUEET shooter! Nice find.
    It really is!

The average trigger pull came in right at 3 pounds even, and the recoil is about like shooting a .22.

At IDPA practice today, I could point it at the target COM, pull the trigger as fast as I could, and all the shots stayed “zero down.”

There’s a very good chance that it could become my new IDPA gun.

Rick