Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bruin anyone?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I’ve got a few hundred rounds through mine now, and I can honestly say it is a very nice pistol. Maybe, they will bring the, back eventually, who knows.

Posts liked by others
    Couple thousands rounds down range now. Extremely happy with it.

Posts liked by others
    I bet I would have very little luck if I were trying to buy a used Bruin...even 5 years from now.
    But I will keep my eyes peeled, & post a WTB on the CZ & Dan Wesson forum. !!!
    Never judge a man, untill you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way ... You'll be a mile away from him , & ... you'll have his shoes.

Posts liked by others
    Probably sheer luck on my part. I know where a new Bruin in .45acp is for sale. Just waiting til I get the cash together to snag it.

Posts liked by others
    Have one and absolutely love it. I have the earlier version with the slanted dustcover. It's a bit of a pain to take down and put back together, but I still love it. The newer version has a standard straight dust cover at the plug.

Posts liked by others
    I actually have the same version you do. Didn’t realize there was more than one.

Posts liked by others
    Found a new .45acp version for sale. They are getting expensive. Waiting for the price to come down. Dealer has had it for quite a while.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by usncpo View Post
    I actually have the same version you do. Didn’t realize there was more than one.
    I just realized that myself when looking at the Dan Wesson site recently. The new version has a standard plug and straight dust cover. The Kodiak, which is similarly a longslide 10mm has a bull barrel. I rather like the look of the slanted one, but it is more difficult to deal with.
    Last edited by stormdragon; 7th September 2020 at 13:06.

Posts liked by others
    Had to go look. Wonder why the change.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by usncpo View Post
    I’ve got a few hundred rounds through mine now, and I can honestly say it is a very nice pistol. Maybe, they will bring the, back eventually, who knows.
    I have several pistols by Dan Wesson but the Bruin has been my favorite. I don't understand DW dropping this model. The only issue I have is getting 10mm ammunition

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast