Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems in Photobucket, problems in our E-zine

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Problems in Photobucket, problems in our E-zine

Unfortunately, it appears that Photobucket is not a serious company.

Today, our E-zine articles stopped showing the pictures in them (those articles whose pictures were stored in Photobucket). Guess what?

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 7.40.41 PM.jpg

Their servers are NOT generator protected?!?!?!!? What is that? Some small operation, with no income?!?! We are paying money to these folks!

I am really frustrated!!!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    As nearly as I can tell, Photobucket is located in the DEN2 data center in Denver. There are plenty of generators at DEN2.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Their site is STILL not working!!! It's more than 12 hours that they are down! AMAZING!!!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    Amateurs can make mistakes but to truly mess things up takes professionals.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Likes (4) :
    Frgood (13th January 2020), John (20th December 2019), Norton (20th December 2019), Rick McC. (23rd December 2019)

Posts liked by others
    Perhaps the cord won't reach the wall outlet?
    Likes (1) :
    Frgood (13th January 2020)

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Guys, believe it or not, their site is still not working properly! It's almost 48 hours since we took notice of it! Amazing!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    It appears that Photobucket problem was much worst than a power outage. Their whole system is screwed up. I am saying this, because now, the pictures I had stored in their servers, appear OK in the E-zine articles for example, but I still can't log in their servers! Amazing! And something else, in case you were wondering how big a company Photobucket is, they admitted themselves in Facebook, that they are a tiny operation, only 16 employees!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    Likes (1) :
    Mark75H (21st December 2019)

Posts liked by others
    I checked the images in the magazine sticky under IE and Chrome. None of my images show with either but some still appear from other members. The Chrome extension still works for me.

I've been receiving LOTS of emails from Photobucket. In the beginning they all concerned excessive bandwidth but lately they've all mentioned excessive storage. I use less than 1% storage.

I wonder if this server "problem" is another attempt to convert us freeloaders over to paying customers.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    I wonder if this server "problem" is another attempt to convert us freeloaders over to paying customers.
    I doubt that! They probably did some stupid hosting decision, either now or a while back, in order to save money, or something and they ended up screwing things up. According to them, they are a small operation, 16 people in all. That means knowledge is not plentiful.

As far as M1911.ORG is concerned, I am done paying them money. I've been busy the last couple of days, uploading all my pictures to our own servers and editing the E-zine articles so they show pictures from our servers instead of Photobucket. I should be ready with all the changes some time tomorrow. I wish it was as easy to change the Forums site links, so they do not point to Photobucket as well. But I am sure I'll find a solution for these too, if a thought I have can be implemented.

Wish me luck!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    Likes (1) :
    Rick McC. (23rd December 2019)

Posts liked by others
    Good luck John!
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast