Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Serious, but not offensive revue of our site..

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    John;

Limited digital abilities are a fact.. I'm truly grateful that you changed the orientation on my avatar.. so there back at ya!
    and thanks!!
    Last edited by Pistolpadre; 19th December 2019 at 06:13.

Posts liked by others
    Rakkasan; so that’s the 187th then.. I was in Naval anti sub aviation..we flew the big four engined P3’s, so all land based, and pretty sure I had a much less exciting military life than you..

not much of a story, I beg to differ with you there.. I agree re: negligent discharge, I'll wipe the A.D. out of my vocabulary.. wow

Posts liked by others
    Interminable periods of boredom, coupled with brief moments of intense excitement. The motto of the 187th!

Thank you for your service, Padre, in whatever role.

Posts liked by others
    Rakkasan; My intended role was to be a flight engineer, i was sent to Millington TN for A school, then Patuxtent River for B school joined my squadron (VP-26) shortly before we set off for SE Asia.. our primary role was interdiction (operation market time) of any materials sent from N to S Vietnam.. while I tried to get as many flight hours as I could, fact is I did a lot more sitting in the hanger on NAS Sangley point, this was a WWII created, small one landing strip base, that was used by any number of squadrons for any number of missions in support of our presence in Vietnam, my flights were boring, and I was to young, and new to work up to a permanent flight crew, so hours of hanger “hanging”..in many ways it was my favorite deployment, but that’s tempered by the loss of two of our planes, and 12 man each combat air crews.. I requested and received four years of overseas deployments.. heady times for a twenty year old kid from IL..now fifty plus years later I get nervous if I have to drive on the interstate..

Posts liked by others
    We are in the discussion area for feedback about the forum site. Since pistolpadre's thoughts have been noted and responded to and the discussion has wandered completely off the topic, it's time to shut this one down. Pistolpadre, if you have additional, concrete suggestions for improving the site or increasing traffic on the forum please use the private messaging (PM) system to contact John directly.

Closed.
    For the M1911.ORG Team,
    The Rule Keeper
    Last edited by The Rule Keeper; 19th December 2019 at 11:25.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123