Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Serious, but not offensive revue of our site..

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    So then, upside down is not in any way to be considered normal positioning for you?
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus
    Likes (2) :
    Pistolpadre (18th December 2019), Rick McC. (20th December 2019)

Posts liked by others
    You caught me on that one Lynnie, actually we have one of those “hang upside down” things.. I get nervous when it gets to about 75% over and start yelling like a 10 year old.. HONEY.. and that is very much for real.. I’m not good right side up, much less upside down.. any ideas (from anyone) on how I can get my avatar to “flip” right side up.. SHEESHHH
    Likes (1) :
    Joni Lynn (18th December 2019)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistolpadre View Post
    any ideas (from anyone) on how I can get my avatar to “flip” right side up.. SHEESHHH
    Usually this is caused by some sort of .jpg file orientation encoding... or something to that effect. Basically your camera thought that this was right-side up, for whatever reason, then you or some piece of software rotated it, but it still remembers which side it thought was up, at first.

The way I solve this, in a Windows computer, is I copy the image (not the file) onto a new, blank image file, save that and... the result is a 'new' image without any hidden .jpg information/attributes, that should stay right-side up.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter
    Likes (1) :
    Joni Lynn (18th December 2019)

Posts liked by others
    You are very kind to arrange your avatar so the forum members from Australia do not need to flip their screens.
    Try this one..

flipped.png
    Likes (1) :
    Pistolpadre (18th December 2019)

Posts liked by others
    That worked!
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter
    Likes (1) :
    Pistolpadre (18th December 2019)

Posts liked by others
    Wow Pyrenean.. thank you so much, now all I have to do is figure out how to put that into “edit”.. a huge step forward, my sincere thanks, and something to play with tomorrow if I can find the time.. also, I’m curious about your name.. would you by chance have either French or Spanish ancestry, or perhaps raise one of the more interesting breeds of mans best friend.. which ever I am both curious and again grateful..
    Last edited by Pistolpadre; 18th December 2019 at 20:58.

Posts liked by others
    Spyros; thank you for the advice, as it happens I just tried to save Pyrenean’s fine piece of work, and my iPad advised that the image saving function is on strike.. hopefully it will return to its job tomorrow.. an adjunct on this, my iPad and I do NOT trust each other..

Posts liked by others
    Try right clicking (also known as context clicking) and then saving the image. Not certain how ipodians do that. All electronic devices should be treated with a healthy degree of distrust. I will see if I can send the file to you via a Private message, or something.

I am, indeed, a proud adopted member of a clan of large fluffy Livestock Guardian Dogs. I am somewhat confused as to whatever is mixed into my direct ancestry. As nearly as I can tell I am of Scotfrenchengliswissdutcharian extraction.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistolpadre View Post
    well I’ve managed to add an avatar, “self”, but see I’ve cleverly got it upside down.. just amaz'n
    Change it! You can change your avatar, as often as you like!

Well, I've changed it for you! So there!
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Likes (1) :
    Rick McC. (20th December 2019)

Last edited by John; 19th December 2019 at 01:59.

Posts liked by others
    Not much of a story Padre.

I had traded for it from a friend of mine. My .38 Special Colt for his .45 Colt Blackhawk. That was the beginning of the problem. I think my old Colt was seeking revenge! Anyhow, sitting around my house (Do 18 year olds buy houses anymore?), smokin' and jokin' (alcohol AND drugs involved) playing with my new "toy". Decided to quit playing with it, loaded it and set it down. Sometime later picked it up and started playing with it again. Suddenly there was a very loud noise. Surprise! Negligent discharge. I was sitting in a rocking chair, my 19 year old bride on the floor beside me, my sister and her husband facing us from the couch. I was still sober enough (barely) to know where the muzzle was pointed, so I looked at my knee and sure enough, there was a smoking .45 caliber hole in my pant leg. Much to my surprise, there was also a hole in my leg. Got up and walked out of the house, brother in law drove me to the hospital, we walked into the ER. The nice lady said "Can I help you?" I replied "I've shot myself" She "Where?" Me "here" pointing to my knee. She "is there an exit wound?" A dim light went on in my head. I didn't know if there was. I twisted and looked at the back of my leg and sure enough, there was a hole in the back of my pant leg a couple inches in diameter! With ugly burned meat hanging out of it. She quit asking questions at that point and directed me to a gurney nearby. I walked over, hopped up onto it, and remember very little from that point on until waking up from surgery. I had hit my femur with a 255 grain lead round nose and shattered it pretty badly. I guess shock (or maybe drugs and alcohol) enabled me to walk from my house to the car, ride to the hospital, walk in and hop on the gurney. The one thing I do remember from that timeframe is the cop standing there asking me questions when my Mom walked in, raising a storm. He looked at her and said "You MUST be his mother." We all had a good laugh.

Nine months later I was able to enlist in the Army. Jump school, Air Assault school, ten miles runs, no problem! The only real problem was paying the bill. That took eight years on a soldier's wages!

Moral of the story? There is no such thing as an "Accidental" discharge! "Negligence" is the word.
    Likes (1) :
    Rick McC. (20th December 2019)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast