Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Walther PPK/s Black 4796006

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Walther PPK/s Black 4796006

I have a COLT LWC 04840XE as my carry and, at times, it's a bit cumbersome in certain carrying situations. Fair to say that I really like the LWC and it's operation is flawless.
    I'm looking for constructive opinion regarding the Walther PPK/s Black as a smaller caliber carry. (pn4796006)
    I've never owned one and have fired one once, decades ago. I want to own one. I've always liked the PPK /s and I admire it's size. For me, the Beretta m9 is a bit large, as well.
    The caliber 380 is a close-quarters round, 25ft or closer compered to the LWC's 50ft for me. I've looked at 9mm counterparts but admire and want the PPK/s.
    The PPK/s is hard to find here in SW Colorado and I have no clue about its quality, finish, and mechanical fit.

I appreciate your input.

Merry Christmas

Posts liked by others
    I too am PPK curious and do not have one. Thus I am uniformed about the qualities of the PPKs. However, I just set a link to you can find new production PPKs' via PM.
    I have shot a PP and found to be an excellent firearm. IIRC, the PPKs has the PP frame. Other knowledgeable folks can correct me if my memory is faulty.
    380 ACP, I have lots of experience with.

Most of the time I carry my 1911 OWB, but I sometimes use a Sig 238 as a carry option when wearing "formal" attire - i.e, solid color Hawaiian shirt versus Parrots and Pina Colada patterns; or light jacket
    at some gathering - church, receptions, formal dining, etc.

My 238 is bullseye accurate at 50 feet and close to the same accuracy at 25 yards. The 380 is, indeed, a light round but I am more accurate with it in the 238 than I ever was with a
    92FS loaded with 9mm. Shot placement; rapidity of sight alignment recovery; and rate of fire makes up, in my own addled mind, for any lack of power the 380 might have. I am fairly
    confident that if I ever need to use my 238, the 380 will be sufficient to stop any threat.
    Likes (1) :
    JDSCO (13th December 2019)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrenean View Post
    but I sometimes use a Sig 238 as a carry option
    Actually, #2 on my interested-list is the SIG P238 Spartan II 380. 7rd but single action and similar price point. 2.7" barrel
    Is your 238 a micro-compact? The Spartan or Legion?

I sure admire the double action of the PPK/s.

Thanks so much.
    Last edited by JDSCO; 13th December 2019 at 15:08.

Posts liked by others
    Mine is the 238 Nitron. I purchased it when Sig first released the micro-compact line. It has the 2.7" barrel and has held up well.
    I do not see any finish wear from the factory holster and I never had a failure to fire or any other issue. The sights are some of
    the best that I have. They are easy for my old eyes to see.
    Likes (1) :
    JDSCO (13th December 2019)

Posts liked by others
    After all of the great input I've received, the PPK/s just isn't available in my area unless I drive 300 miles to the nearest PPK/s dealer.
    For 2020, the price of the PPK/s increased to $800 (the name costs a lot) so I decided on a Kimber Micro9 Woodland Night 9mm, 2 boxes of 9mm and additional 7rd mag and saved over $200
    Thanks again so much for your input

btw- My LWC has never seemed so huge as it does now

Posts liked by others
    Your Kimber Micro9 looks like a really good choice. Range report please when you can.

Posts liked by others
    This is my first 9mm and my first Kimber.
    42 rounds so far, 50ft/12" group, 25ft 4" group

KIMCOLT1.jpgKIMCOLT2.jpg