Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wilson Combat magazine issue

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Johns961 View Post
    My two Colt GM's don't like Wilson Magazines. Even if i load them up a few days in advance. I always get a feed problem... But, I have five Wilson 47D's. I only use them for range duty now.
    Wilson has a solid line-up of mags, but the 47D is one of the lesser models in the line-up.

The full size 7 round 47 is a better mag, and if you want an 8 rounder, the ETM line-up is a better choice than the 47D.

Posts liked by others
    I can’t say that I’ve ever had a problem with any 47D mags that I’v ever owned. All have functioned flawlessly in seven different 1911’s; basically every 1911 I have that they’ll fit in, including four Colts.

I also have four 10 round Wilson ETMs in 9mm. They were problematic on feeding the first round from a fully loaded mag until the mag springs had taken their set. They’ve been working fine for the last ten years or so.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer
    Likes (1) :
    seagiant (25th February 2020)

Posts liked by others
    I have 47Ds that are over 20 years old, I might change a spring once in a while. Simply the best for me, they work in everything. Currently 8 different guns and a bunch that have been sold.

Also use Wilson 9mm and 10mm mags.

Jim
    Likes (1) :
    seagiant (25th February 2020)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Wilson has a solid line-up of mags, but the 47D is one of the lesser models in the line-up.

The full size 7 round 47 is a better mag, and if you want an 8 rounder, the ETM line-up is a better choice than the 47D.
    Last week I gathered up my 47D's and sent them to Ed Brown Magazine's Trade In Program. The new Brown's are suppose to arrive tomorrow.
    I went with the 7 rounders. Getting back to basics.

John

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Johns961 View Post
    Last week I gathered up my 47D's and sent them to Ed Brown Magazine's Trade In Program. The new Brown's are suppose to arrive tomorrow.
    I went with the 7 rounders. Getting back to basics.

John
    Note current Ed Brown magazines are CheckMate's. If you like them and Brown either runs out or changes supplier, they are available as CheckMate mags.
    Likes (1) :
    Rick McC. (27th April 2020)

Posts liked by others
    I read somewhere Checkmate made Brown mags. Explains why they look alike. I have had good luck with Checkmate GI mags. I think I will be happy.
    John

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123