Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat magazine issue

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Wound up having to just slightly file the rear of the magazine ears to get it them to work properly. Was catching just enough to hang up

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by tdy1958 View Post
    Wound up having to just slightly file the rear of the magazine ears to get it them to work properly. Was catching just enough to hang up
    IMHO that's not necessary.

Posts liked by others
    Magazine ears? You mean the clearance notch for the slide disconnector rail?
    When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind. [Lord Kelvin]
    Last edited by niemi24s; 9th December 2019 at 09:33.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by niemi24s View Post
    Magazine ears? You mean the clearance notch for the slide disconnector rail?
    My guess is he’s referring to the rear edges of the feed lips.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Posts liked by others
    Sounds like a case of a gun with a higher than spec magazine button shelf (for improved reliability) combined with a magazine that has a mag catch notch positioned such that it places the mag higher in the gun, for improved reliability.

Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    Sounds like a case of a gun with a higher than spec magazine button shelf (for improved reliability) combined with a magazine that has a mag catch notch positioned such that it places the mag higher in the gun, for improved reliability.

Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.
    I still don't see how filing the rear edges of the feed lips would affect being able to release the slide with an empty magazine.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I was assuming that the magazine is sitting too high, so the slide IS released but can't run forward, over the magazine.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    If the magazine sits too high, how can the slide close after feeding a round from a loaded magazine?
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Erm...

No, it can't, you're right.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    My two Colt GM's don't like Wilson Magazines. Even if i load them up a few days in advance. I always get a feed problem. They do like Metal Form mags. Along with CMC and Trip's. But, I have five Wilson 47D's.
    I only use them for range duty now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast