Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Colt Grips

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Colt Grips

I have a Colt MK IV Series 70. Can anyone please tell me if these grips are original, and if not, what would have the originals been. Thanks in advance.

IMG-0002.jpg

Posts liked by others
    Someone else may see something I don't see, but your grips look like Colt's wooden grips on my blued series 70. Colt uses several different grip patterns so it is difficult to tell if those are the originals.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks, I didn
    t know if they were plain checkered, medallion, or double diamonds.

Posts liked by others
    You can still find a few Colt grips online in case you want to stock up. Medallion grips are available if you know where to find them. It would be nice if Colt would offer some grips and other parts on their web site but that boat sailed a long time ago.

Posts liked by others
    In 2013 I bought a SS Series 70 and it had the double diamond stocks with no meds very close to the ones on this 2015 XSE LW Commander in 9mm.

Now back in 1978 I bought a Series 70 Gov and it had stocks like the ones on the 1979 Gold Cup National Match (GCNM) on top in the picture below. The pistol on the bottom is a 2015 GCNM with the stocks that Colt is putting on them now.

NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    Stairman - the grips on your Colt MKIV Series 70 should be like the Colt GCNM pictured above provided by dakota1911.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by dakota1911 View Post
    In 2013 I bought a SS Series 70 and it had the double diamond stocks with no meds very close to the ones on this 2015 XSE LW Commander in 9mm.

Now back in 1978 I bought a Series 70 Gov and it had stocks like the ones on the 1979 Gold Cup National Match (GCNM) on top in the picture below. The pistol on the bottom is a 2015 GCNM with the stocks that Colt is putting on them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric4509 View Post
    Stairman - the grips on your Colt MKIV Series 70 should be like the Colt GCNM pictured above provided by dakota1911.

Thanks, I've got those. I just didn't know.