Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: New Les Baer Gunsite Pistol

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

New Les Baer Gunsite Pistol

Has anyone had any reviews of this pistol? I've recently taken a class from there and I wanted a nice 1911 to commemorate that experience. Thanks.

Posts liked by others
    This one? https://www.lesbaer.com/Gunsite.html It's a Baer. What's not to like?

It's a lot like the Custom Carry w/o an ambi safety and with logos. The CC is my favorite.

What class did you take?

Jim

Posts liked by others
    I was in the Gunsite Vets250 class last July and I just was at the Gunsite Alumni Shoot a couple of weeks ago. I am interested in the Gunsite model. Its an investment but I think I will get it because of what it means to me. I just wanted people's experience with this company, model of 1911, pros and cons. Thanks everyone.

Posts liked by others
    jesus.a

Go for the LBC Gunsite, can't go wrong and it'll last you pretty much forever. I can appreciate the significance; friend and I purchased our Custom Carrys for our 45th birthdays last century. If it matters, you did ask for experience w/ LBC, I own 3 Bears and have owned 5 others. One of the current batch is my every day carry.

A 250 Vets Class, how cool and thank you for your service. I've always wanted to attend an Alumni Shoot, glad you could, maybe some year but it's a long drive. I did 250 & 350 in '97, jeez I'm old.

Jim

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by jesus.a View Post
    I was in the Gunsite Vets250 class last July and I just was at the Gunsite Alumni Shoot a couple of weeks ago. I am interested in the Gunsite model. Its an investment but I think I will get it because of what it means to me. I just wanted people's experience with this company, model of 1911, pros and cons. Thanks everyone.
    Have you thought about a Gunsite Colt? Now also available a Light Weight Colt Combat Commander Gunsite version. I’ve got 5” SS Gunsite and a Blue Gunsite CCO, purchased when I took the Centennial 250 course. All great pistols. Also have a Les Baer TRS, a truly awesome 1911. Good Luck.

Posts liked by others
    Wow, I need to look into Baer again. I'd heard they'd stopped offering a Thunder Ranch model, but I didn't know they've teamed up with Gunsite, to offer another pistol. Which looks pretty good. I didn't know Nighthawk now offers a TR, either.

My 1911 nerdiness is slipping...
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by jesus.a View Post
    I had a Baer TRS, a great pistol, which I think is probably similar to the Gunsite model you’re interested in. I sold it to help finance a motorcycle, but still have my first Baer; a Custom Carry Comanche:

A1D59096-0B95-4FDD-922F-722B9B39853E.jpeg

You just can’t beat a Baer!
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer
    Last edited by Rick McC.; 24th October 2019 at 21:52.

Posts liked by others
    Sounds like a great way to commemorate your great experience in the Arizona high desert. Les Baer guns are noted for their accuracy. Your investment will not lose much value. If you have the means IMO You can’t go wrong with the Les Baer Gunsite model. Note that it is part of their normal line of pistols, but with the nice Gunsite markings.
    Last edited by captiva; 3rd November 2019 at 06:26.

Posts liked by others
    I visit gunsite frequently ( only a 45 minute drive from home for me.) I really like the colt gunsite. For a while last year they were selling them for 1300. Should have jumped on one then. I much prefer a short trigger, so that kills the les Baer version for me. I don’t want to buy a hand tuned 2k gun then go swapping fit parts. For us small to medium hand people the short trigger makes a major difference, and am disappointed that most if not all high end 1911’s come with that horrible long trigger.
    If you can handle the long trigger, the les Baer is an excellent choice.
    I have had 3 les Baer pistols in the past, and shot at least a half dozen more.
    For some reason before I moved west the LB was the most popular semi- custom where I used to live, and the shop I frequented usually had a dozen or more in stock all the time.
    Many years ago a friend of mine bought the first one any of us had seen ( pre internet days!) and it certainly was very tight. As a test we tried to get that gun to choke ( bullet profiles that would not feed in other guns, worn mags with cracked feed lips, etc) but it ran perfectly which has been my experience with other LB pistols as well
    Likes (1) :
    Rick McC. (25th April 2020)

Posts liked by others
    I have one. It is ok and is identical to their earlier TRS, but mine has a few problems:

1. The thumb safety is so stiff I can't put the gun on safe w/ my strong-side thumb.
    2. The gun is designed to only work w/ Baer mags, and have problems getting some Wilson mags to lock-in.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion
    All my 1911s are in .45ACP. Why? Because fewer of bigger is better than more of smaller. --Me
    Beware Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips from Clayton, NC. He is ripping-off everyone