Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: New to forum

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

New to forum

Thanks for adding me to the forum. I am working in LE and carry a TRP as my duty pistol. I also have a SA Range Officer Elite Compact for off duty.

Posts liked by others
    Welcome. It's unusual to find an LEO whose agency allows carrying a 1911 for duty.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Likes (1) :
    Henrytwin (11th October 2019)

Posts liked by others
    Thanks.

our Chief carries a 1911. There has been talk about going only Glock. We’ll see what happens. Until then I am sticking with my 1911.

Posts liked by others
    Welcome to the forum! I've only recently joined too, lots of good info and friendly people here

Good luck with your pistol and thank you for your contributions to the safety of society.

Best regards from the Netherlands,
    John
    Likes (1) :

Posts liked by others
    Welcome from an old retired LEO.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member, GOA Member, MGO Member
    Likes (1) :

Posts liked by others
    Welcome to the group. I was fortunate to work for an agency that allowed, and still allows the 1911s as optional duty weapons. I retired almost 15 years ago and still keep my annual qualification status current.
    i sold all my handguns. . . . . . . . . . except for the 1911 style pistols in .45 ACP.
    Likes (1) :

Posts liked by others
    We had revolvers when I first started in the 70’s and up until 1990 I was able to carry my Combat Commander but off duty only. When the Sheriff had me re-write the firearms policy in 1990 to coincide with switching to Glocks, the only stipulation that he gave me was to include no single action firearms on duty or off duty. Retired from that department in 2008 and the first thing I did was to start carrying my 1911’s again. My next department did allow off duty carry but not on duty. Fully retired in 2016 and carry what I want now without concern for department policy.

Will be helping my first department with night qualifications starting tomorrow and I will be the only one carrying a 1911.

Very happy when I hear of departments with administrators that will allow the 1911.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member, GOA Member, MGO Member
    Likes (1) :

Last edited by DavidO; 11th October 2019 at 09:29.