Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is everybody?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Where is everybody?

I got into 1911's big time about 12 or 13 years ago and this forum was very active- I learned a lot. Life got in the way for several years but I'm back and was able to find another LW Commander and a New Agent to replace part of what I had to sell off...
    This site used to have a dozen replies to a new thread in a day or so, now I see post go ignored indefinitely. What happened?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by citRon View Post
    What happened?
    Facebook.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Likes (3) :
    Pappy (20th October 2019), Sergio Natali (13th October 2019), Spyros (13th October 2019)

Posts liked by others
    Facebook...the downfall of civilization as we know it.
    Likes (2) :
    slohunter (16th October 2019), tnhawk (13th December 2019)

Posts liked by others
    Several years ago, I had a subscription to the magazines forum. Sometimes I would get an e-mail notification with a link to the post.

If I clicked on the link, m1911.org would not load.

Now, all is good. Dunno.
    Johnny

I miss America
    Sent from my keyboard using hunt-n-peck...
    SCIENTIA SIT POTENTIA
    Likes (1) :
    RemingtonMike (2nd December 2019)

Posts liked by others
    What's facebook?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by slohunter View Post
    What's facebook?
    The future..
    Johnny

I miss America
    SCIENTIA SIT POTENTIA

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    The future..
    Or the present. To me, Facebook represents a rather dystopian, Orwellian future.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Likes (2) :
    Rick McC. (19th October 2019), rodinal220 (25th August 2022)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    Or the present. To me, Facebook represents a rather dystopian, Orwellian future.
    I agree. I find it rather scary and useful at times.

I recently went to a new auto insurance policy. It was done via PC and I was given a quote within minutes. I never spoke with a human, It was accomplished via AI. The process involved checking my driving record and all pertinent info. Oh, and I saved $500 over my current policy which always goes up every renewal.
    I have a perfect driving record for the last 30-40 years and when I call I get the same song and dance about rates, others having more accidents etc.. Enuff, sez I. Bye bye greedy old policy.
    I fear for the future as you say, but I will not live to see it.
    Johnny

I miss America
    SCIENTIA SIT POTENTIA

Posts liked by others
    Yep, the times they are a changing. I'm kinda of a dyed in the wool Luddite and I really don't care and somewhat apprehensive were all this newfangled techno **** is headed. Makes me wonder how the next generation is going to fair.

Posts liked by others
    I thought about this subject since last night and for whatever it's worth, it may not be a techno facebook thing at all. Look at all the changes made in pistols over the last couple or more decades. There are now the plastic fantastics, striker fired and DA/SA to say nothing of larger capacity magazines, etc. etc. I think more and more consumers today are drawn to those type of pistols today than single stack /single action autos.

Another factor is that each brand seems to have it's own forum, such as Ruger, Beretta, Sig Sauer as well as others. Although this forum covers 1911s in those categories as well, the other forums also cover their own 1911 products. This might contribute to lower participation on this forum. Just a thought.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast