Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Excellent service by Kahr

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Excellent service by Kahr

I posted a couple months ago a purchase of an Auto Ordnance 1911 Delux. I took it to the range and it shot fairly well and better than I expected for a $300 gun. The problem with the gun was that the plunger tube went missing and I noticed that the front sight was loose so I contacted Kahr customer service to see what they'd charge me to fix it up. This is what happened:

July 26: I submitted my request via Kahr's customer service website. The next day I received an email from them apologizing that I was experiencing problems with “their” firearm product and issued me a return authorization.

July 30: I replied "Thank you for the RMA. Is it possible to get a rough estimate as to the replacement of the plunger tube and spring plus replacing that from site? I’m wondering if your cost estimate plus shipping expense might greatly exceed a cost if I hand carried the firearm to a local armorer. Again thank you so much for your time."

They responded the same day I sent my email asking for the estimate, "Thank you for contacting us! According to our website the cost for the plunger tube is $6.60 and the plunger spring is $1.50. I have provided the links for both parts below. The front sight is $5.40 if it is the factory sight and our sight installation fee is $40.00. So the total would be around $52.50."

So, on Aug 6 off the AO went to the mothership for its repair.

Aug 28: Kahr notified me of work performed: "Installed and staked plunger tube, installed plunger spring, installed safety catch plunger, installed slide stop plunger, replaced cracked barrel bushing. Test fired ok (2 full mags American Eagle 230 gr FMJ)

Replaced cracked barrel bushing?? Wow, I didn't even notice that one! Test firing two full mags to be sure it's operational too. Cool.

Email continues: "Our gunsmiths attempted to peen out the existing front sight in order to tighten the loose front sight. However, the material of the sight post is too thin which is not allowing the sight to peen out enough to prevent it from becoming loose during shooting.

Unfortunately, we do not carry the existing sights on the firearm, however we have a couple alternatives.

If you are okay with replacing the existing sights with factory metal day sights, we can cover the cost of both the sights and installation fee.

What? So, you're saying you'll replace the loose front sight and the rear sight and not charge me anything? Yeah, that's what they're saying. Final charge? Whopping $11.20 for all the work: the ammo, the new sights, the labor and the barrel bushing and the trip back home, all on the house. Oh, and prompt courteous communication to top it all off.

This is how a company fights for customer share. The next time I see a post about Kahr/AO quality, you know.. you get what you pay for, etc., I would agree that they don't compete with the likes of SA or Colt, but what I will always remember was how well the company itself treated me as a customer.

Just thought I'd share...
    Likes (2) :
    Grumpyoldretiredcop (3rd October 2019), MuyModesto (27th September 2019)

Last edited by AustinWiseguy; 26th September 2019 at 16:26. Reason: Spelling