Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: AA .22 conversion kit/Ruger SR1911 10mm.......

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

AA .22 conversion kit/Ruger SR1911 10mm.......

This is my SR1911 10mm with Advantage Arms .22 converson kit installed. Installation was a snap with the slide stop requiring just a bit of finesse.
    True to AA instructions this kit is ammo sensitive, in my case preferring CCI round nose Mini Mags. None of my standard velocity or target ammo would cycle the Ruger's action. That could change over time with break-in but I'm happy with the Mini-Mags. AA recommends Remington Golden Bullets along with the Mini-Mags.This kit has a last shot hold open feature which is one of several features I was looking for, not to mention a reasonable price. The sights are adjustable, solid black, and plenty adequate for range work. The slide is hi-grade aluminum with a quality matt finish applied. Internals are steel (no mystery metals in this kit). I'm impressed with the quality.
    I shot over a hundred rounds of the CCI on this outing, mostly trouble free.....keep your thumb off of the slide!! The poly mag is a snug fit in my pistol and does not drop free. That doesn't bother me as a range plinker (my intended purpose). Accuracy wise the AA kit has a lot of potential but initially I was only shooting for function.
    My purpose for making this conversion was to give me more range time with my 1911, and that it does. Shooting 100 rounds of full house 10mm is both expensive and painfull! So far, so good.......

Advantage Arms.jpg
    Likes (1) :
    Ric4509 (20th September 2019)

Posts liked by others
    Those are pretty cool. I have a Ceiner that i put on my Colt. A standard velocity 22 won't have enough power to cycle it probably. I have to use high velocity at the minimum and not the cheap kind of bulk. Blazers, Rem golden bullets, Federal bulk and champions all work good. Once in awhile you will get a weak round but mostly run pretty good. I got a Beretta M9 in 22 and the standard velocity won't even budge the slide. I will save those for my Henry lever. The pattern on my conversion kit is a little big but at least fun shooting.
    Ron

Posts liked by others
    Years ago I had an Advantage Arms target model that really was excellent. Ended up selling it and getting a Nelson.

You will be happy with the AA as it is a quality unit at a decent price.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member, GOA Member, MGO Member