Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GSG 1911 22 at the range.

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I finally got to take my GSG 1911 22 to the range after fixing a few problems. At my last outing my firing pin broke. I discovered this after completely field stripping the pistol.

I also read review about the accurizing kit from CWAccessories and thought I'd add that as well as a new Cylinder And Slide sear spring.

The firing pin wasn't that hard to replace. The accurizing kit was just replacement parts and the C&S sear spring did give me some problems. I couldn't get the hammer to set and lost my grip safety. After a few YouTube videos I figured it out.

The gun now has a 3.5 pound trigger and groups much better than it did.
    I shot 200 rounds of Blazer without a problem. One hundred rounds of Aguila Extra 40 grain worked pretty well with only one failure to fire, and 100 rounds of CCI - SV just to see if they worked. They did. This gun is now 100% reliable and a blast to shoot.

Next modification: new adjustable sights.

Posts liked by others
    I just wish CW Accessories would offer a quality sear that could replace the GSG sear. With that small 8n there is no way to put it in a sear jig and it is also a MIM part. Too bad the sear pin hole is smaller than a standard 1911. But for a “cheap” gun it is a fun gun.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member, GOA Member, MGO Member

Posts liked by others

Last time out practicing I couldn't force a magazine into my 1911 22. I took it down to bare frame to figure it out but couldn't. I called ATI (American Tactical Inc. to get an RA # to send it back. I had made a few modifications and thought I took them all out before sending it back but I missed a few.
    I figured I cancelled my Warrantee. They had to replace the slide, firing pin, Magazine safety and the trigger return spring. I also replaced the rear sight with a Dawson adjustable. I figured when they replaced the slide they would not give me back my Dawson but they managed to mount it on the new slide.
    I'm real happy with the service. I expected the trigger to change from the 3.5 pounds I had gotten it down to and I was right. From the factory it came back with a 5.5 pound trigger. I kept all my old parts and will upgrade the trigger again after I shoot it stock and see how it's doing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12