Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: EMP 4 Contour .40SW

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

EMP 4 Contour .40SW

After watching and debating for some time I finally jumped and bought myself a birthday present for my 75th BD last week. I am a long time 1911 fan in any caliber it can be had in. I already had two RIAs in .40 and one high end custom job on a RemSport frame. I have developed a real affinity for the .40SW round. The new EMP is great. I am a lefty and found the ambi safety to be too small to hit reliably with my left thumb on a draw so I had my Smithy install a Cylinder and Slide Wide Ambi-safety, works great. The more I shoot it the better I like it, the trigger is very good and if I do my part it is a very accurate pistol. I am certainly not the shot I once was but after a little familiarization I can keep all my shots in the A zone of an IPSC target at 25 yards and on my 9" gong at the same distance. It is fast becoming my EDC. If anyone is debating the purchase of the 4" EMP my advice is do it. Keep shootin' and check six.

Posts liked by others
    Sounds great. I bought one of the early EMP's in 9mm and it has been a great little pistol (once it had a break in period).
    Rob

Posts liked by others
    Glad you are enjoying your EMP4 CCC. I purchased my first EMP4 CCC in 9mm in the two tone a little less than a year ago and really enjoy target shooting with i. Even though I am retired I still do an annual qualification every year and find myself doing better, especially out to the 25 yard line with the EMP. Liked it so much I just went and bought another one in the FDE color variant. Only problem is, now I have to decide which one of my non EMP pistols to sell to back fund the new FDE EMP, as I am not a collector just do not need more than a couple of pistols to not go broke while enjoying the sport, should the Beretta go, or the S&W