Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AO 1911A-1 Delux-80 - Impulse Buy

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

OK Here it is

So, Kahr support called this model a Deluxe 80 but according to the owners manual, the correct name is the OA 1911 WGS Deluxe model. Both frame and slide are cast 4140 steel which I suppose is about right for a lower price gun. The WGS sports the deluxe blued finish, versus their parkerized finish. When Kahr called it the Deluxe-80, I assumed it to be an 80-series firearm. It is not. I've yet to bring it to the range to shoot but the owner indicated that he hasn't been in to shooting .45s much any more. from the looks of the wear, I'm not seeing that this gun has been used much so it could be good, or not. We'll see. Included the OA case, owners manual, one original magazine and the .45 fired shell dated June 2003.
    IMG_0220.JPGIMG_0221.JPGIMG_0222.JPGIMG_0224.JPG
    Likes (1) :
    lonestarjeff (26th July 2019)

Last edited by AustinWiseguy; 24th July 2019 at 13:41. Reason: spelling

Posts liked by others
    Nice gun. And very interesting, I wasn't aware that AO made guns without the firing pin safety so recently.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    It's really not a Series 80? The Thompson A-O that was reviewed in our e-zine awhile back certainly was, and it was my understanding that ALL the Kahr/Auto-Ordnance 1911s used the Series 80 firing pin safety.

https://ezine.m1911.org/showthread.p...pson-TC-Review

Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    It's really not a Series 80? The Thompson A-O that was reviewed in our e-zine awhile back certainly was, and it was my understanding that ALL the Kahr/Auto-Ordnance 1911s used the Series 80 firing pin safety.

https://ezine.m1911.org/showthread.p...pson-TC-Review

Hawkmoon - check out my 4th photo posted. I really thought it would have a Series 80 firing pin safety but it doesn't. Frame doesn't have the associated trigger mechanism either. Nothing that I can see says this pieces was modified in any way. I can take another photo for you of the frame looking down at the trigger mech but as you can see from the photo looking across the frame, the only thing sticking up is the ejector. This thing is a series 70. I'm looking forward to taking it to the range and will post more when I can.

Posts liked by others
    Well I took it to the range and shot a hundred cheap Blazers through it. It ran without a hitch though I notice the front site and the plunger tube’s a little loose. Accuracy was all right though at 7-15 yards where I can place shots consistently the AO hits 1-2” low and slightly left. Maybe replace the front site (since it’s loose anyway) and slight windage while at it. Otherwise the rubber grips felt fine and nothing else

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12