Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 1911 .45 ACP Defender ?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I like my Mil Spec Defender so much I bought a second one. I can shoot it better than my Range Officer. I have replaced the RO's long trigger and flat mainspring housing to ones like the Mil Spec has. Haven't shot it after the mods.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Shart1971 View Post
    I just purchased mine last week. So far no issues. 100 rounds and no hiccups.

Attachment 4923
    That is a beauty.

Posts liked by others
    That seems like a good gun for the money...
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Posts liked by others
    I loved everything about mine except the trigger.

I picked up a hammer set from these guys and DANG what a difference! Well worth the money.
    Likes (1) :
    slohunter (25th November 2020)

Posts liked by others
    Just installed that Thunder Mountain kit on a friends 1911. Never heard of them but big difference and did not have to fit nothing. Yes, well worth the bucks!
    Likes (1) :
    Mainsail (25th November 2020)

Posts liked by others
    Springfield makes good quality 1911's .
    The Defender is alot of gun for the money, but if you plan to do better sights, beavertail , etc down the line , I would save alittle more and go for a loaded model.
    They come with all the bells and whistle and done on the production level it works out much cheaper than having a gunsmith do it later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12