Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: My 1st 1911

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    In ‘04 i was torn between the new AO 1911a1 US Army and the new SA GI-mil spec 1911a1 in 45acp. I purchased the new AO first and went back a few days later for the SA GI. The AO turned out to be an awesome 1911. Flawless for 650 reds of ball ammo so far. My test of this new gun was better than the gunvrag review, my only problem is I should of bought more when they were $389/‘04. The AO us Army is as close to the orginal us 1911 we can get in a new 1911. The people at AO hit this one out of the park.

Posts liked by others
    Not only are they nice pistols, but you can buy all the parts that you may need for them at their website. They do not have exceptions which stipulate that a given part must be fitted by them or an approved gunsmith. I have also found their customer service to be excellent.

Posts liked by others
    My Auto Ord. GI 1911 has given me a lot of rounds down the tube without a malfunction and does it’s intended task... keeping my Colt GI 1911 and 1911a1 pistols for special shooting occasions. Seems to me when the Pistol was new I replaced some parts with GI because they were plastic or not of my liking, the firing pin safety was left intact and I do not notice it’s presence when firing. This pistol is as close to my DCM Colt without actually being one.

Posts liked by others
    Merry Christmas to all! I hope you & yours are all healthy & enjoying the season. Been awhile since I've posted, but my AO has been to the range several times since my last visit here. No problems since I set aside the LAX "range" ammo, I'm happy to report. My accuracy has improved a bit using the GI sites, though I should put a touch of light paint on the front site blade. My daughter came in for the holiday & we managed one trip to the range this week. I brought the AO and .40 cal Sig, she brought her 9mm PPQ. Can't get her interested in the .40 or .45 yet, but I haven't given up.

I can just about match my .40 Sig target footprint with the AO when I bring along both now. Not even close when I first started using the AO. We're not exactly match shooters, 7 or 10 yds standing, but we keep the holes pretty well inside a dinner plate. Now that my daughter lives in Alabama we seldom get to shoot together anymore, & I sure miss the time together.

I hope you guys all have a great new year.

Jeff
    Likes (1) :
    Rick McC. (29th December 2019)

Posts liked by others
    Wishing everybody a Happy New Year and have to say The AO I have had for about 6 years now runs fine for me. Had some problems with the factory mags that it came with but have since straightened that out.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Posts liked by others
    Had the AO out last weekend for the 1st time in quite awhile. I had used up all my box brand ammo last trip to the range, so I decided to pull out the bulk ammo left over from last year. Scrolling up to the early parts of this thread will show how much trouble the AO had cycling the bulk ammo in the beginning. I had actually decided to set that ammo aside to be used in some PCC in my future.

My BIL and I went out to the farm last weekend to shoot some clays. He had never fired a 1911 or any other 45ACP, so at the last minute I decided to pack the AO & deal with whatever the rest of the bulk ammo dished out. After getting our fill of shotguns we went over to my little outdoor pistol range & shot some water jugs & steel targets. To my great surprise the AO had one FTF out of the rest of the bulk ammo, the second round hung up. After that one the rest of the 200 or so cycled with no issues.

Just thought I'd check in with the update. I guess the "break-in" on the AO is just about complete.....somewhere around 750 rds through it.

BTW, my BIL wants one now.

Jeff
    Likes (2) :
    A34 (9th March 2020), Rick McC. (9th March 2020)

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the update. The poor little pistol just wants to be loved ...
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678