Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Just An FEG That I lIke

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Just An FEG That I lIke

This is an FEG that I got in the last century. It's been a reliable shooter over the years and I had to have a bit of work done to it so I could run it a bit better. It gets carried a bit and I am quite happy with it accuracy wise. Reliability is flawless no matter what I feed it.

Greg
    Likes (3) :
    Mark75H (3rd June 2019), Mister Coffee (3rd June 2019), seagiant (24th November 2019)

Posts liked by others
    FEG made some really excellent Hi Power clones. And their bluing could be excellent also. You may have seen this book previously, but just in case you have not seen it, Jerry Paregien wrote Decoding the FEG Hi Power a few years ago, and it is the best source of information about these pistols, their variants, and their sometimes confusing nomenclature. It's available for just $5.99 on Amazon--its price should tell you that he didn't write it to make any money.

BTW, yours has what I think is the best Hi Power thumb safety on a mass produced Hi Power pistol. And I like the rowel hammer, also.
    Likes (2) :
    Ibmikey (8th June 2019), Mark75H (6th June 2019)

Last edited by danriverboy; 4th June 2019 at 06:52. Reason: addition

Posts liked by others
    I too have a number of FEG Hi Power pistols including four consecutively numbered Pistols. One of my FEG’s I had refinished with Metaloy and it is totally reliable pistol and super accurate.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posts liked by others
    I've seen one of these up close, and the blueing on it was pretty impressive.

Also, I don't get why this hammer isn't standard on all HPs...
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    These are all Israeli Police used FEG’s the blue is worn but still gorgeous.
    Likes (1) :
    seagiant (24th November 2019)

Posts liked by others
    Very nice collection.

Posts liked by others
    The blue pistols have consecutive numbers which I thought was unusual, bought the first two and later found the other two. They made it from Israeli issue and turn in to an importer and on to me being separated several times but finally coming back together. Each of the pistols will shoot to center at ten yards and appear to Be as well made as my FN’s. The Metaloy finish was applied to a rather beat looking pistol but still shot nice groups, not beat up any longer.

Posts liked by others
    Hi,
    I love FEG's and always on the look out for orphans!

Here is one I put Novak's on and a BHP ambi safety.

Also put in a Browning extractor and spring...

Straightened trigger a bit.

This is a work in progress more things to do.
    Likes (2) :
    Mark75H (24th November 2019), Ric4509 (1st December 2019)

Last edited by seagiant; 24th November 2019 at 18:00.