Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Fusion

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Fusion

Has Fusion stepped up their game?
    I know Bob had an excellent reputation at Dan Wesson with Fusions issues during the early days not so much.

What has people's experience over the last few years been?

Looking at a Freedom Combat Commander 9mm at a local shop. It's a bit more than a RIA but cheaper than most other options.

Posts liked by others
    Check the sear and hammer hooks for incomplete fill out of the moulds. Pull the firing pin to see if dry firing has peened the pin due to too light a spring. Check the barrel lower lug for contact with the VIS. I have the Combat 45.

Posts liked by others
    Here is my recent experience. In Nov 2018 I was looking to do a build. I had picked up a Les Baer frame that was unfinished. I had a specific idea of the slide I wanted and Fusion offered it on their website but it was out of stock. I watched till January 4th of 2019 and it had never changed so I e-mailed them. They said 2-4 weeks, they were just finishing up some cores. So I called in, placed the order and paid for the slide and some other parts for my build. 8 weeks later I e-mailed. No reply. Then I filled out the question form on the website. I finally got a reply 3 days later. Again they said 2-4 weeks but we just have to finish the cocking serrations. 5 weeks later I called. They said another 2 weeks. On May28th ,after aprox. 20 weeks of waiting, I cancelled my order and demanded a refund. I still haven't seen the refund post to my credit card. The parts I had ordered with my slide were "fair" quality for the price. It might be worth placing an order if it is in stock, but I'll never order anything custom again.

Posts liked by others
    My experience was somewhat disappointing, overall. I talked to them about doing some custom work on one of my pistols. I'd thought long and hard about how I would do a custom build, talked to a few smiths and picked Fusion because of Bob's former affiliation with Dan Wesson.
    I talked on the phone with his son, we discussed a number of options and I asked for his input in a couple of areas. In the end, due to his suggestions I told him to do it the way he would do his own. I sent it in and let them do their work. I didn't call or write, just trusted their process. In about 7 weeks, I got an invoice and email telling me it was done. They also sent pictures. In the pictures, it showed that they had not done the ball cuts and Hi-Power cuts that were discussed. I also could not tell that they had round butted the frame/msh. They told me the frame was round butted and that they would perform the requested slide cuts and get back to me.
    3-4 weeks later I got the invoice for the new work. When I got the pistol, 2 things stood out: the small parts weren't black nitrided and the msh was not the one I sent them and had not been nitrided. I sent an email expressing my disappointment and included pictures of what I was referring to. Bob wrote me back and told me that the small parts were an extra charge (I didn't see that when I ordered, nor was it discussed, so I'll chalk that one up to inexperience on my part) and that he's pretty sure the msh was the one that came on the pistol. I sent him pictures that they'd sent me, showing that this msh was different (and worn with no black nitride). He told me to send it back and they'll make it right.
    I haven't sent it in yet and decided I'm not sending the whole pistol to them and paying for shipping again. I'm going to send the msh and hope they send me the right one in exchange and call it quits.
    The work they did do was very good. However, this back and forth and somewhat soured the experience for me since I was very excited to do my first custom pistol. I'd already made certain compromises (they don't do front strap checkering so we did something else), so I was hoping to love what I got back. The pistol is a great shooter, so there's definitely that.
    I'd try one of their off the reach pistols but I wouldn't do another custom with them. They're very nice and all, but I'd be concerned about their attention to detail

Posts liked by others
    My experience has been positive. Order took longer than expected, but it was also during the time they were moving from New York State to Florida. Build was their pro series, 10mm railed Commander, shoots very well and it's reliable. I don't like front strap checkering, but I do like their chainlink front strap and MSH.

I found Bob personable during our conversations and know he's done work on Dan Wesson revolvers.
    NRA Life Member since '67

"Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake."
    Napoleon
    Likes (1) :
    Rich-D (20th January 2020)