Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Guardian .38 Super

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Guardian .38 Super

I have had this gun for several years but have not shot it much. Today at the range, I found that I am really falling in love with this great pistol.

The pistol racks and handles like glass on glass. It has an amazing trigger pull and is very accurate. I am using a Wilson magazine just because I want to. There were absolutely no feeding or functioning problems.

While cleaning it, I realize just how it enjoyed precision fitting during the manufacturing process. Little things like the take down/ slide hold back lever assembly clicking back in place without a threat of the "idiot mark" like my other 1911's.

I noticed that unlike other forums, there is very few negative postings on the Dan Wesson section of this forum. For a contrast, check out the Kimber and other brands in their respective forums. You wonder why anyone even purchases the other products.

Just some thoughts,

Trooper Joe

Posts liked by others
    Oh, DW went through a phase when complaints were a bit more common, but this was over a decade [and an owner] ago...
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    I have two friends with Dan Wessons. One a 5" Valor 9mm the other a Valor Commander Bobtail in 45, both relatively new. Have shot both, both are excellent.

If I was looking for another 1911 9mm Gov't I'd certainly consider a Valor or other DW. FWIW, I don't shoot much 45 anymore.

Jim

Posts liked by others
    Trooper Joe-is your Guardian primarily a range gun, or do you have other plans for it? My Guardian has become my all around favorite handgun of all time (and I have had a bunch). I live way out in rural Texas, and mine is with me a lot. Way out in the boonies, we pretty much have to fend for ourselves. Help from a LEO is at least 30-45 minutes away if miscreants happen by. It is comforting to have it handy for personal protection, as well as varmit control (feral hogs, etc.).
    Likes (1) :
    PolyKahr (30th July 2019)