Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Para Warthog Parts Compatability

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Para Warthog Parts Compatability

I'm assembling a Para Warthog 3" 45acp and having trouble locating parts, they seem to be drying up. Can anyone tell me tell me what parts are specific to the Para and what is compatible to 1911 parts?

I really need some advice on the Sear Spring, Mainspring Housing and Grip safety - will any other 1911 parts work?
    Thanks for any advice.

Posts liked by others
    Mainspring Housing -- Shorter than Colt Officers ACP. Same as Para Slim Hawg.

Grip safety -- Shorter than standard 1911

Sear Spring -- Shorter than standard 1911

The two companies who bought up all the Para parts when Remington discontinued the manufacture of ParaUSA pistols are Sarco, in Pennsylvania, and Gun Parts Corp. (Numrich) in New York.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the info.

Posts liked by others
    For what it’s worth,I’ve had better luck with Sarco on Warthog parts.

Posts liked by others
    P.S.

Try these guys http://www.smithandalexander.com/spr-housing.html

It looks like the make an aftermarket housing and even though I couldn’t see it now, I remember them offering a replacement grip Safety.

If you check with them, post back with results.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchkat View Post
    P.S.

Try these guys http://www.smithandalexander.com/spr-housing.html

It looks like the make an aftermarket housing and even though I couldn’t see it now, I remember them offering a replacement grip Safety.

If you check with them, post back with results.
    They show Para mainspring housings for the P14, P13, and P12 pistols. I don't remember if the MSH for the Warthog is the same as the P12, but I don't think so. I think it's shorter.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Thanks to all. Between Sarco, Numrich and eBay I got lucky and found everything I need. Never thought it would happen.

Posts liked by others
    They show 2 for the P12/P10. P10 and W/H are the same aren’t they?

Posts liked by others
    Sorry, I can't tell you for sure. I actually live close to Sarco and went in and fitted a MSH to my frame from what they had on their shelf. I think the size I used was 1.367" on the drawer's sign, but I'm not completely sure on that. They have two or three sizes from what I remember, and all are down to just two or three in the drawer. Maybe if you call the showroom and ask if they can confirm it might help. They have a great gunsmith there who answered some questions for me and showed me his Para LDA 3" which is his daily carry, he's definitely knowledgeable.

But Sarco is running low on Para parts, they didn't have everything, had to use Numrich and eBay for what they are missing. Numrich had the Sear Spring which I needed, bought extra for spares.

Posts liked by others
    Do you have a pat number for the Numrich sear spring? I can’t seem to find it.

Ken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast