Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Happy Easter
To all those who celebrate it this weekend.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Talk me into ... or out of ... a new RIA TCM TAC Ultra FS HC combo

Posts liked by others

Talk me into ... or out of ... a new RIA TCM TAC Ultra FS HC combo

So I've been kicking around the thought of a new TCM TAC Ultra FS HC combo for a while. I'm not sold on the .22 TCM, but since I do like the 9mm (and it doesn't cost that much more to have the .22 as a package), this is the direction I'm heading. I've had a double-stack 1911 stuck in the cobwebs of my head ever since Para was selling bare wide-body frames.

I know there are a few YouTube videos out there where people love them - but a lot of people love everything when doing a YouTube video. So just looking for experiences - good, bad or indifferent.

One immediate question: Is there a higher capacity magazine available? Factory is 17 rounds, but my understanding is ... maybe ... a Para mag with a different baseplate will work. I haven't researched it at length, but what I've seen is a few years old ... and often contradictory. Just wondering if there was a fail-safe solution discovered at some point.

Thanks,
    dogfood

Posts liked by others
    Let us know how it goes. I've toyed with this idea as well but just haven't taken the leap.

Posts liked by others
    I have a matched pair. To be honest I have never even installed the TCM barrel. I got them to have high cap 9mm 1911s. I have other RIA 1911s and they have been good with some work so I went for these. So far I have about 3000 rounds through each. I put Ed Brown ambi safeties and Dawson fiber optic front sights along with G10 grips. One pistol ran pretty good out of the box. The other had some double feed issues. I tuned the extractor on both, the pistol with the issues only had 6 pounds on the extractor. I also did just a little internal polishing but not much on these. The fit on these was noticeably better than the first couple RIAs I got. I have set a bunch of training sessions with them and put them through their paces and after the first 200 rounds I have not had any malfunctions. As for magazines, if your pistol has the mag well on it you will need the ones with the RIA floor plate. If it does not then the Mec-Gar Para mags work perfectly. They are both 17 rounders and I am not aware of any with larger capacity. To sum up for the money they are great and after just a little making them right they have been extremely reliable. I absolutely love mine. Hope this helps. Good luck

Boots

Posts liked by others
    We have a review on the Commander sized one in the latest M1911.ORG E-zine.

I’ve tried about 10 times to post a link to the article in the E-zine, but nothing seems to work, sorry.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick
    http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/
    IDPA Certified Safety Officer
    Last edited by Rick McC.; 7th April 2019 at 21:26.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
    I’ve tried about 10 times to post a link to the article in the E-zine, but nothing seems to work, sorry.
    Let's see if THIS works:

It seems to work for me.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    Let's see if THIS works:

It seems to work for me.
    Aaand, it did.

Thanks, Spyros!
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick
    http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/
    IDPA Certified Safety Officer