Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Happy Easter
To all those who celebrate it this weekend.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: New and Need Help

Posts liked by others

New and Need Help

All.

I am new and have a Colt 1911 made in 1917, US Army Model. All the serial number, inspector and rampant colt numbers and stamps have been verified.

However...There are markings on the right side that are odd. 1. C A Osbofn ( this appears to be stamped) and 2. C A O ( this mark is odd because it appears to be stamped and has other markings. I can send pictures but would rather send them to a email address for better resolution. My first thought was that is was assigned to a Army unit and further marked. The markings appear to be made after the weapon was blued/parkerized. No amount of search on the web gives me any answers.

Posts liked by others
    Close, clear photos of both sides and closeups of the mark taken in natural light would help the most. I believe the forum allows 800x600 resolution which should show good detail.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    I believe the forum allows 800x600 resolution which should show good detail.
    That is correct.

Since almost no digital camera takes photos in such a small size, photos will need to be resized for posting here. The version of Microsoft Paint that comes with Windows 7 and newer will allow resizing. If you use Windows but either don't have or don't like Paint, there are freeware alternatives that will handle the task easily. Spyros uses one called Faststone Viwer. I use one called IRFanview. IRFanview allows batch resizing -- select as many image files as you want, set the parameters (which will remain set for future jobs), tell it to go and then sit back and watch the progress report.

Faststone may allow batch resizing, as well. I don't know.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    Faststone may allow batch resizing, as well. I don't know.
    It does, as well as batch compression of .jpg files, and a few other handy things.

FastStone is basically a freeware alternative to the old ACDSee, for those who remember it.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Only more information and some close up pictures will help the veteran collectors on this site to advise you in the correct direction.
    Sergio
    Anything with a FLGR is fluff, if JMB didn't put it on the 1911 you don't need it.
    Life is too short to shoot ugly polymer guns.