Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Norinco 1911A vs. Norinco 1911A Sport

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Norinco 1911A vs. Norinco 1911A Sport

Good day folks,

I signed up to the forum as I can not find any discussions between the two models Norinco Government 1911A vs Norinco 1911A Sport... I am wanting to purchase a two tone Norinco 1911 Pistol, tho I am unsure if the Sport model is worth the extra $? Looking for some recommendations from people who have/had both models and know the differences.

They both look identical in pictures.

Norinco 1911A Sport:
    We listened to our customers and had Norinco produce this up-graded handgun. Norinco's New M-1911A1 'Sport Model' .45 is made true to the original: featuring forged steel construction for superior strength, chrome-lined barrel for longer bore life.

New features that have been added to further enhance the 1911A1.

- Three dot sighting system (adjustable rear sight)
    - Extended slide release
    - Front slide serrations
    - Ambidextrous safety
    - Raised anti glare rib on slide
    - Large beavertail grip safety
    - Lite weight competition hammer
    - Lightened target trigger
    - Full length guide rod
    - Extended mag release

1911A1-Sport-TT2L.jpg

Norinco Government Two Tone 1911A:

The Norinco 1911 pistol made by norinco and chambered in .45ACP. The pistol features a 5" barrel, an extended beavertail grip safety, and ambidextrous manual safety.

•Adjustable rear 3 dot sights

• Special Two Tone design
    • 3 hole Trigger
    • NEW Enlarged Safety, Mag & Slide Release

norinco-1911-government-two-tone---45acp-5 (1).jpg

The only thing that really sticks out is the 'lightened' trigger, other than that i think it is nearly identical... So how good would that trigger be? Worth the extra money or would I be better off just polishing the trigger myself on the normal two tone version in case I need to?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posts liked by others
    It's hard to tell, but maybe the 'Government' doesn't have the raised rib on the slide?
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    I think they are the same pistol. The reference to a "lightened" trigger is a description that many vendors use to describe a trigger with three holes in it -- which both of these pistols have.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Oh so they don't mean the trigger pull is lightened? Well that is a bummer. They really look identical from all the pictures I have seen, just the Sport version appears to have a more blacker slide to me if that makes sense. I am not sure why the sport costs an extra 30$ compare to the two tone government.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by bossmode69 View Post
    Oh so they don't mean the trigger pull is lightened? Well that is a bummer. They really look identical from all the pictures I have seen, just the Sport version appears to have a more blacker slide to me if that makes sense. I am not sure why the sport costs an extra 30$ compare to the two tone government.
    Two different vendors. Different photos, different pricing structures.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Ok thanks alot. I did more research and can't find any other so called 'sport models' besides that website.

So might as well go with the cheaper one as they are the same thing.

Posts liked by others
    I had them both, basically they are the same good pistol with a very good price.
    Originality can't be restored, so put "originality" at the top of a priority list. If JMB didn't put it on the 1911 you don't need it.