Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bianchi Shadow problems

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    You can fairly easily stretch that strap by wetting it thoroughly with water, putting a plastic bag of some sort over the back of your holstered pistol (for protection), and pulling on the strap until you can snap it into place.

When the strap has dried out, it should fit the way you want it to. If not, wet and repeat.

Folks have been using water to “fit” leather products for a long time. In the old days, it was common for cowboys to pour water into a new pair of leather boots, put them on, and “walk them dry.”
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Posts liked by others
    I’ll try that, but the problem is that the safety strap pushes the safety off when I snap it. Maybe stretching it will help, thanks for the suggestion.

Posts liked by others
    I tend to buy an assortment of the most popular, and some not so popular holsters, when I acquire a new pistol. When I bought my EMP4 a few months back, I initially bought the Galco Combat Master and Galco Concealable, both very nice holsters for the EMP, and an assortment of kydex holsters. As I also wanted a leather thumb break holster, I first thought of the Galco FLETCH, a realtively popular holster, however, I noticed differing photos on line, some showing cocked and locked pistol in the FLETCH, some showed what appeared to be hammer down posiiton. I called Galco and they said they only design the FLETCH for hammer down carry, they seemed adament about not wanting to endorse cocked and locked carry. Think this might be some new guidance as I was certain I had previoulsy seen photos of a 1911 cocked and locked in a FLETCH holster.

In any event I searched around some more. I have had a few Bianchi thumb break holsters but never much cared for their design of the thumb break, don't like when the thumb break strap is too narrow or flimsy/ flops about, think that increases the possibility of thumb break getting caught inside the trgger guard upon re-holstering. Remembering back years (decades maybe) ago when I had some very fine duty and offf duty holsters of the Don Hume brand, I checked out their web site and ordered their Agent 711 T.B. Holster which they say when I called is strictly only for C&L carry; think I appreciated the position they were taking of not being afraid to endorse C&L carry. I have used this holster for a while now and find it to be excellent, it holds the pistol very securely, and is comfortable. If you are consdering getting a leather holster with a thumb break that is comfortable and conceals well, highly recommend the Don Hume Agent 711 T.B.

Posts liked by others
    I have a few Don Hume holsters and I have always found them to be very well made, durable, and reasonably priced. I don't know why they aren't better known or more popular, but if increased popularity leads to increased prices, I'm happy to let things stay as they are.

If anyone isn't familiar with them --- check 'em out.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Thank you. I’ll check them out.

Posts liked by others
    https://www.amazon.com/Bianchi-Holst...8-1-spell&th=1

Ok don't go by the pictures , but I bought this holster acouple of years ago on Amazon and love it.
    First it is perfect Commander length.Yes it fits the full size and compacts, but length is perfect for a commander.
    Second it has alittle more forward rake than most. I wear mine behind my hip and the angle is perfect.
    Third there is no strap to play with.

This holster is the perfect pancake with the minumum of bulk.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/13...-58-pi-holster

Midway has a better picture of it.

Posts liked by others
    Also think about replacing your safety plunger spring with a Wolff.
    I find alot of factory springs are cheap and that will make the safety flick off easy.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/15...er-spring-1911

Posts liked by others
    Thanks. The answer may be to just eliminate the strap altogether. I have a pancake with no strap that has excellent retention. Don’t much like the idea f C&L carry without a strap, but don’t like the idea of carrying without the safety engaged, either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12