Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Mike Curtis wadcutter gun

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Mike Curtis wadcutter gun

A friend and I caught Mike just as he was leaving the Marine Corp and setting up his own shop. We both ordered wadcutter guns and sent Mike 2 Colt 1911's as starting material. The gun was so tight when delivered I had to run 500 rounds of ball through to get it to loosen up (Mike's instructions). The gun has now seen umteen 2700 matches, winter league matches and on and on. Still shoots extremely well. Originally with an optic, now back to open sights. Finest 1911 trigger I have ever felt.

Stu

Likes (3) :
    1911end (28th March 2019), Joshua M. Smith (29th March 2019), MuyModesto (30th March 2019)

Posts liked by others
    Gotta love it, looks good in both conditions!

Posts liked by others
    I'm sure that you have really enjoyed this pistol. Considering that it is a Commercial model from 1969, is that about the time that you had the work done? If so, that pistol has really been a great investment and shows how long well made pistols can last.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by danriverboy View Post
    I'm sure that you have really enjoyed this pistol. Considering that it is a Commercial model from 1969, is that about the time that you had the work done? If so, that pistol has really been a great investment and shows how long well made pistols can last.
    My friend has his laying around and I bought mine used from a local shop. We sent them to Mike in 1993-94, I don't remember exactly and received them back in about 8 weeks. Shown below is the test target shot at 50 yards with ball ammo, thought you might enjoy it.

Stu

Posts liked by others
    Wow. Pretty darn good.

Posts liked by others
    Mike Curtis built some of the best in the 90's. He really learned how to make winning guns when he was the Marine Corp marksmanship unit armorer.

Stu