Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Great price on a .22 conversion

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Great price on a .22 conversion

https://grabagun.com/magnum-research...it-de1911.html

We don't know who makes this. I have my suspicions, based on some visual clues, but I'm not certain enough that I'm willing to go public. But ... $81 for a complete rimfire conversion? With target sights? Ciener gets $199 for their base model, and $249 for their model with adjustable sights. Cabela's wants $339 for the Kimber Rimfire Conversion.

If you've ever been tempted to try a .22 conversion, I wouldn't hesitate to grab one of these before they realize they've lost their minds on the pricing.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    looks like it is gone now. Link takes you to a magazine for a CZ 500 rifle. Searches for 1911 22 conversion are all >$200.

If you search "Magnum Research" you can find the conversion as mentioned but if you try to purchase it will put a CZ 500 mag in the cart.
    Last edited by mauser416; 14th March 2019 at 14:55.

Posts liked by others
    Well, that was quick. I guess it's true that "He who hesitates is lost."

My apologies for the false alarm. I had no idea the deal would end so quickly.
    Hawkmoon

Posts liked by others
    I e-mailed them. They said it was a mistake, they don't have the part and they are trying to fix the web page. It would be interesting to see if the manage to "get" the part in the near future albeit at a higher price

Posts liked by others
    I have both a 70 Series Ace and a 80 Series Ace II conversion kits. The 70 Series with adjustable sights and floating chamber I had shortened to Commander length. The Ace II blow-back barrel works with the 70 Series shortened steel slide. I want to get another blow-back barrel I can have shortened to Commander length. Will non-Colt made .22 blow-back barrels fit and function with Colt Ace slides?
    Last edited by ramsys; 14th March 2019 at 15:54.

Posts liked by others
    ramsys, this discussion area is for announcements of general interest. You have a very specific technical question. Please post your question in a new thread in the discussion area for .22 caliber conversions.

Since apparently the ad I tried to link to was an error, I'll lock this discussion.
    Hawkmoon