Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Happy Easter
To all those who celebrate it this weekend.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Springfield Professional as a duty weapon

Posts liked by others

Springfield Professional as a duty weapon

Any experiences on the Springfield Professional as a duty weapon? Of course reliability is paramount; I'm also interested in the lack of an undercut trigger guard and the sights that come with the gun. I'm particularly is anyone has had issues with Springfield repairing a pistol, and what the turnaround time was.

Thanks for your input.

Posts liked by others
    It has been a few years since I sent one in to get repaired, took a couple weeks. I was not the original owner, but they fixed it at no charge.

Posts liked by others
    A few years ago I had a ramped 3.5 inch barrel 45 cal pistol. Of all things to break, the lower lug separated from the barrel. I sent it in to Springfield and they returned a completely new pistol. I was impressed. As Dave W. stated, I was not charged anything.

Regarding the Professional, if I needed another 1911 (and believe me, I don't need another!!) I would seriously consider the Professional or a Sig Sauer 1911. I think both companies have excellent products and customer service.

Posts liked by others
    My Professional nor any of my other Springfields has required customer service. I've heard their customer service was excellent however.

Posts liked by others
    In the short approximately half year I have had a Springfield product I have been very satisfied with their customer service. The few times I have contacted them were for some more fiber optics for the front sight beacuse I misplaced the extras that came with the pistol, they sent out a pack right away, no charge, then I contacted them because I wanted an extra disassembly tool to keep in my range bag for my EMP4 CCC and again they sent one out right away, no charge, and then I contacted them to get part number for spare mags and again a positive experience. One thing that I also like is that it is quick an easy to get a live person on the phone when I call. So I give them a thumbs up on customer service.

Posts liked by others
    My experience with customer service has been minimal but great. As far as a duty weapon goes certain members of the FBI used it for many years. I know a couple of them. That should speak for itself.