Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member with an AO 1911a1 PKZ SE

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

New member with an AO 1911a1 PKZ SE

This is my first post as I just joined the forum. I recently found a used Auto Ordinance 1911a1 PKZ SE for sale at my LGS for $399. It is in great shape and came with the box, original mag + 2 extra 8 round mags. I took it to the range on Friday morning and ran about 80 or so rounds of Winchester and Federal ammo through it. It shot nice, tight groups and performed flawlessly. I am amazed that a pistol as inexpensive as this one could perform so well. Here is a photo that I took after disassembly and cleaning. It's definitely a keeper! (Not for sale)AO 1911a1 small.jpg
    Likes (1) :
    lonestarjeff (26th July 2019)

Last edited by 1984Landcruser; 23rd February 2019 at 21:59.

Posts liked by others
    Welcome to the group, from Modesto, Calif! There's lots of good info on this website. I also congratulate you on your find. I have a BOKW (same gun but with the black oxide finish). Mine was in the shop repeatedly in the first 6 months but now works well.

Welcome.jpg
    i sold all my handguns. . . . . . . . . . except for the 1911 style pistols in .45 ACP.
    Last edited by MuyModesto; 24th February 2019 at 10:40.

Posts liked by others
    MuyModesto - I'd be interested to hear what put yours in the shop for repairs (so I'll know what to look for with this model).

Posts liked by others
    You can see the entire thread. It was in November and I had a lot of great comments & suggestions from other, more experienced members. Look for the threat title:
    1911BKOW issues.
    i sold all my handguns. . . . . . . . . . except for the 1911 style pistols in .45 ACP.

Posts liked by others
    Excellent deal for nice gun.

Posts liked by others
    I have been reading up on these lately and am thinking about purchasing one in the near future. I don't see a ton of reviews here, but it appears that a search of the interwebs reveals mostly positive reviews functionally (which is really what I care about). Would the consensus be that these are functionally sound guns and a good value for the money?

Posts liked by others
    I don't know if we have enough owners of the Auto-Ordnance GI pistols to form a useful consensus. I think they're a decent pistol, and if you want something that looks like a WW2 GI M1911A1, visually it's the closest you're going to find.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Likes (1) :
    jstrange (16th April 2019)

Posts liked by others
    Now that I have shot mine 4 or 5 times, I can state that it is a very reliable and well made firearm. No misfires or FTE problems have been encountered. It even works well with aftermarket mags. I think it is a good value for the money and would highly recommend it.
    Likes (1) :
    jstrange (16th April 2019)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    I don't know if we have enough owners of the Auto-Ordnance GI pistols to form a useful consensus. I think they're a decent pistol, and if you want something that looks like a WW2 GI M1911A1, visually it's the closest you're going to find.
    I’m not necessarily hung up on the GI look so much as a basic 1911 that is affordable and US made. I don’t need all the bells and whistles, I already have a fancy Colt that I have invested far too much in. Now I’d like a reliable beater.

Posts liked by others
    Welcome from AZ. I've had my pistol for over 10 years and still like it. Other than some recent issues when I installed a new grip safety (it was a parts issue, not the pistol), I have never had it not go "bang" when the trigger is squeezed. Enjoy your new purchase. You'll find it reliable and surprisingly accurate. Take care of it and it will take care of you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast