Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: A happy ending story (mind it's a bit boring)...

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Icon18 A happy ending story (mind it's a bit boring)...

Eleven years ago I bought a W.C. CQB, unfortunately about a few weeks later I discovered that the pistol had a "soft" slide as after about a few hundred cartridges the slide stop notch started to peening.
    I wrote to W.C. and to the Official Importer here and in about a couple of months the pistol was replaced with a brand new one that I put away as a safe queen and never shot.
    A couple of months later I found a Remington 700 Police & Leupold scope for sale at the gunshop I used to go after the range.
    Stupidly enough I did agree to trade my brand new W.C. for rifle & scope.
    The gunshop owner sold the CQB a few days later to an old man that I knew as I often used to see him at the range.
    I regretted I sold that pistol practically the day after.
    I used to see that old man quite often at the range, sometimes he had that CQB with him, and my guts were twisting as I was really upset with myself.
    In these last three or four years I've lost sight of that man, until yesterday.
    We had a chat, and discovered that apparently he's also a pretty good archer and in the last three years he had given up coming to the range and has been competing with his bow instead.
    More to that, he told me about his decision to sell most of his pistols...
    Cutting a long story short I managed to buy my old WC back, and this afternoon she's returned back home...
    The chap barely used it, in fact there are no wear marks, unfortunately by mistake he threw away the original "Wilson Custom Gun Test Target" and the "Quality Control Checklist", and now I wonder if I can still recover a copy of them from Wilson Combat.
    In any case I'm quite pleased, and all this makes me wonder as sometimes a pinch of "luck" can change for the better our lives.
    Originality can't be restored, so put "originality" at the top of a priority list. If JMB didn't put it on the 1911 you don't need it.
    Likes (2) :
    MuyModesto (10th February 2019), Rick McC. (11th February 2019)

Posts liked by others
    Congratulations. I always like love stories with a happy ending (even if the object of love is pistol; who said pistols can't be the object of a person's affection).
    Likes (1) :
    Sergio Natali (10th February 2019)

Posts liked by others
    What, no photos??!!

Posts liked by others
    This is just a quick picture.
    I'll post some decent photos as soon as I'll take them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Originality can't be restored, so put "originality" at the top of a priority list. If JMB didn't put it on the 1911 you don't need it.
    Likes (2) :
    MuyModesto (18th February 2019), Rick McC. (17th October 2019)