Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Happy Easter
To all those who celebrate it this weekend.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from Brownells, Cabela's, TandemKros or Tekmat, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Also, don't forget to visit our other sponsors sites, click-throughs are appreciated by our advertisers. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: 9mm range day today......not as good as could be

Posts liked by others

9mm range day today......not as good as could be

Well, decided to have a 9mm range day and took the Micro 9 STG and the Ultra CDPII(9mm) with some Armscor 124gr. ball and HST 124gr.

Started with 40 rds Armscor through the CDPII. Flawless and very accurate as I expected. Next was 35 rounds Armscor through the Micro 9. First round, bye bye front sight fiber optic sight insert..... the three light primer strikes . All three fired the second time they were hit. Loaded up 40 rds HST for the Ultra and the remaining ten for the Micro. The Micro fired them all without issue, but had two nosedive FTF with the Ultra. I noted which magazines they were in and will have to test a bit more.

Things I learned:

1.) The Micro 9 is NOT a range gun. It beats me up pretty good. I shoot it well, but it is NOT fun......

2) I think I like the fiber optic front sight better WITHOUT the fiber optic insert....seems to be MUCH more clear to my old eyes.....(this may change as I have an appointment scheduled to explore different prescriptions in each eye to help with shooting).

3) I'm not sure what to think about the Ultra having the nose dives....It was perfect with the Armscor.....more shooting/observation needed.

And one question:

1) Does the Armscor possibly have hard primers? The Ultra had no issue, but three light strikes in 35 rounds with the Micro???? Apples and Oranges, I know, due to different hammers, firing pins and springs......

YMMV

Lon

PS As far as accuracy, I have always been blessed with being a good shot, but ALL of my Kimbers make me look GOOD.....

Posts liked by others
    A guy here had the same experience with a Micro 9; complete with misfires and misfeeds.
    Nobody here could see anything actually wrong with the gun, but it did not get well by itself with "more shooting" so he sent it back to Kimber. They fixed it and now it shoots fine, too bad they did not include a work order saying what was done.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    A guy here had the same experience with a Micro 9; complete with misfires and misfeeds.
    Nobody here could see anything actually wrong with the gun, but it did not get well by itself with "more shooting" so he sent it back to Kimber. They fixed it and now it shoots fine, too bad they did not include a work order saying what was done.
    This one is fairly new to me, but not new. The previous owner said no problems (don't they all), and in previous range trips, no problems with light strikes. This was the first time firing Armscor range ammo which is what made me think possibly hard primer shells.

YMMV

Lon

Posts liked by others
    I havenít shot a whole lot of Armscor 124gr 9mm ammo, some 250 rounds, but I had no problems with it at all.

I think your problems likely lie with the Micro 9.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick
    http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/
    IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Posts liked by others
    As someone who owns Micro9s, I would say that someone installed a lighter mainspring in your pistol. The standard mainspring is very strong in the ones I have experience with, and light strikes have never been a problem.
    Likes (1) :
    Teufelhunde (11th February 2019)