Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: My thoughts on the SFS system....

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

My thoughts on the SFS system....

When two of the world's greatest firearms designers collaborate on what is arguably the finest fighting pistol ever produced, do not believe for a minute that some stupid SOB won't try to screw it up with some sham product like the SFS system. A bad idea, poorly executed. Too much reliance on too many unnecessary springs (that is, springs that are not needed for the ordinary operation of a Hi Power), and too much tedium added to the assembly process of what is an otherwise easy pistol to detail strip and reassemble.

After four hours or so of fighting with that miserable little cocking lever spring (lost sixteen times, and found, regrettably, the same sixteen times), I have had enough. I'll carry the Hi Power as it was intended to be carried--cocked and locked--and to **** with the SFS system.
    Likes (1) :
    shadowflight762 (2nd February 2019)

Last edited by mightymouse; 1st February 2019 at 07:44.

Posts liked by others
    I have one that I like on a HiPower clone but had mine installed at a gun show by Cylinder & Slide. Even at that Bill lost one of the little parts and had to open up another kit to get a replacement.

Posts liked by others
    So because you failed at installing the SFS, the designer is the dumb SOB?

Posts liked by others
    Harsh words, typed in equal parts anger and frustration. Forgive my idiotic outburst, if you would. I have since given the SFS kit away to a friend, and wished him luck.
    Last edited by mightymouse; 2nd February 2019 at 18:18.