Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Brand New Kimber Custom II

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Brand New Kimber Custom II

17 Right Side Pachmayr to share.jpg At the end of my 10 day waiting period I picked up my new Kimber Custom II. Once at home I installed "Pachmayr Signature" grips so the feel will be consistent with what I have on my other guns. Next up was weighing the trigger on 20 consecutive pulls. The average was 4.76 pounds which to me seems perfect for a self-defense pistol. The lightest pull was 4.38, and the heaviest was 4.99 which seems to me to be just right for a brand new pistol that's not broken-in yet.

Right out of the box I noticed plenty of oil or cosmoline all over the pistol. Next project is to field strip and clean up all that goo. I'll lubricate the important places and we'll be ready for the first range day.
    i sold all my handguns. . . . . . . . . . except for the 1911 style pistols in .45 ACP.
    Likes (5) :
    2Late45 (5th January 2019), Macewindu57 (22nd October 2019), PW01 (11th May 2020), Teufelhunde (4th January 2019), wproct (5th January 2019)

Posts liked by others
    A nice looking pistol. Enjoy.

Wade
    Likes (1) :
    MuyModesto (14th January 2019)

Posts liked by others
    Got me a new TLE coming. First Kimber 1911 I have ever bought. I have heard only good things about them over the last few years. Early on, I wouldn't have owned one.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by cwmoss View Post
    Got me a new TLE coming. First Kimber 1911 I have ever bought. I have heard only good things about them over the last few years. Early on, I wouldn't have owned one.
    Of the four Kimbers I used to own, the TLE II was hands down the best. Not the most expensive, but the best.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Posts liked by others
    Went out yesterday and ran 100 thru it using 5 different mags, didn't even try the mag that came with it. 100% function. Shoots maybe one bullet hole to the left. Gonna leave it alone.

Posts liked by others
    Went out yesterday and ran 100 thru it using 5 different mags, didn't even try the mag that came with it. 100% function. Shoots maybe one bullet hole to the left. Gonna leave it alone.
    Why didn’t you use the mag that came with it?

I never had any problems with Kimber mags, and still have some that I use for carry.

Many “Kimber” mags were/are made by CheckMate. They’re an OEM manufacturer for many 1911 manufacturers, including Colt, Kimber, and some others that I can’t recall right now (been a long day). They also made mags for CMC.

Rick

Last edited by Rick McC.; 13th January 2020 at 20:06.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
    Why didn’t you use the mag that came with it?

I never had any problems with Kimber mags, and still have some that I use for carry.

Many “Kimber” mags were/are made by CheckMate. They’re an OEM manufacturer for many 1911 manufacturers, including Colt, Kimber, and some others that I can’t recall right now (been a long day). They also made mags for CMC.
    I checked the seven round Officer’s sized mags that came with my Sig Ultra .45. Both have the CheckMate patent number on the followers, so we can add Sig to the list of OEM 1911 mags made by CheckMate.

Rick

Posts liked by others
    Looks good, I love my Custom II, easily my favorite pistol.
    Likes (1) :
    MuyModesto (18th May 2020)

Posts liked by others
    I've got a stainless TLE and an Ultra Crimson Carry II, like them both a lot. As far as negative info, I like watching all the YouTube 1911 videos, always something to learn. Came across one the other day and this clown professed to be a "gunsmith" and gunshop owner in a south east state. He was flailing around, cussing Kimbers up one side and down the other, how poor quality they are nowadays, trying to muscle the slide off a Kimber WHILE PRESSING ON THE GRIP SAFETY. And this guy's a gunsmith? He got quite a list of less than complimentary educational advice at the bottom of his vid.
    Last edited by JD11; 20th May 2020 at 11:54.