Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Essex 1911a1

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Essex 1911a1

I may have posted something about this before, I really can't remember. Forgive me if I did.
    I acquired a 1911a1 a while back with an Essex frame and a slide that had been completely scrubbed of all original markings except for a serial number located on the left side at the muzzle. It's a pre hammer block slide with GI sights. Someone added 2 small eagles just in front of the cocking serrations on the left side too. I'll add pics as soon as I can transfer them from my laptop.
    I know it's a reach, but I was hoping someone could shed some light on the subject.

Posts liked by others
    As far as I know, Essex never sold complete pistols. They sold receivers, of somewhat questionable quality. I don't remember if they also sold slides.

The company has been out of business for several years.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    That serial number on the slide, any chance it's 7790314?
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter