Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hitler's Wall

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by rraisley View Post
    Not quite on a par with the above, but my son, who was 18 at the time (1997), went to see the movie Titanic as a first date with a new girl. While discussing things in general, as well as the movie, prior to it showing, he mentioned to a friend with them about the particulars of the way the ship broke up during sinking (he'd always been a fan, and had the book about its discovery as soon as it came out). His date cried out "The ship sinks???!!! How could you ruin the story for me like that?"

They didn't have a second date. Like me, my son has always been a fan of history, WWII in particular, and oftentimes surprises me by knowing things I (as a 75-year old) don't about it.
    Now THAT's funny!
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    I got a good laugh out of the Titanic story also!

Posts liked by others
    Most of them have university degrees and still manage to know so little about anything. Someone told them that they were smart though because they're all convinced they're geniuses.
    'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.' ~Thomas Jefferson
    "We are the sheep dogs that protect the sheep and the sheep are afraid of the tools we use to fend off the wolves"..... Dave
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    They belong in the group who think automatic guns shoot all by themselves. Bill
    NRA LIFE
    Veteran
    Colt Combat Commander Series 70, Colt Gold Cup Series 70, Rock Island Nickel Tactical, Rock Island Compact, Colt Defender,all .45ACP, Ruger 1911/9mm

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by captbill View Post
    That is too funny.
    'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.' ~Thomas Jefferson
    "We are the sheep dogs that protect the sheep and the sheep are afraid of the tools we use to fend off the wolves"..... Dave
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by captbill View Post
    Well, they do. I know because I saw it in a film:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBIrQV9PxHg

In the same film, we also learn (SPOILER ALERT -- I know it's a 1994 film, but you never know) that it's possible to have a fist fight on the back of a hovering Harrier Jump Jet and then fall down the wing, be caught by the tip of a Sidewinder missile, get launched with the missile, through a ruined building and hit the terrorists' helicopter, on the opposite side -- while the hero's daughter is hanging onto the radar radome. And people thought THAT was ridiculous, but the 'guns-shoot-by-themselves' bit? Sure, that can happen.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    That was a "stairwell co-ordinater" gun, very special, sometime issued to troops cleaning stairwells in the US military.
    NRA LIFE
    Veteran
    Colt Combat Commander Series 70, Colt Gold Cup Series 70, Rock Island Nickel Tactical, Rock Island Compact, Colt Defender,all .45ACP, Ruger 1911/9mm
    Likes (1) :
    Spyros (1st January 2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12