Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hitler's Wall

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Hitler's Wall

Despite the fact that this is a true event, I thought it hilarious and had to post it here. One of the rap worlds bright stars recently chimed in on the idea of a wall on our southern border, he said "the Nazi's had a wall, Hitler called it the Berlin
    Wall...it did not work very well for the Nazi's, what makes people think a wall on our border will work?" Proof positive that history is not taught in our schools!

Posts liked by others
    Also proof positive that a millennial's idea of "history" is anything that happened prior to yesterday.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I personally experienced a sad but funny remark from a young guy I worked with...a college graduate no less! He said he watched the Clint Eastwood movie "Flags of our Fathers", about the flag raising on Iwo Jima. I asked if he liked it. He said, and I quote: "Yes, it was way cool! I had no idea we had a war with Iwo Jima! Was it because they were way mad we dropped the bomb on Japan?!" I could not believe my ears, what else don't they know? Mama Mia!!!

Posts liked by others
    So this one-person brain trust watched the entire movie and didn't understand that it was about WW2? And he thinks that Iwo Jima is a country?

This country is doomed. The WORLD is doomed.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    A couple years back, I underwent treatment for thyroid cancer and had heart surgery (thankfully a full recovery from both). While going thru endless doctor visits, I got to meet some interesting people. Once at the doctors office, I saw an oldtimer with a WW2 veterans hat with the Purple Heart and Silver Star medals. His granddaughter told me he was at Kasserine Pass, North Africa. I got talking to him, he told me while fighting in North Africa, his tank destroyer was hit and they had to bail out. He said he got the Purple Heart while grabbing ammo from his burning tank and running it to other tank destroyers which were still in the fight. He burned both his hands badly. I spoke with him for awhile and asked him how he liked the M1 Garand. He said he much preferred the Springfield '03. While this was being related, the rest of the people in waiting room were staring at him as though he was from another planet...then came the kicker which had me laughing out loud. At the mention of the '03, he got a wistful look on his face and his granddaughter started to squirm. In a loud clear voice he said "You see those bushes across the street? I am not as strong as I used to be, but I bet if my granddaughter would kneel in front of me and if you gave me my old '03 that I could rest on her shoulder, I bet I could still nail a Jerry if he was in those bushes!"

Posts liked by others
    With most every rewrite of the history books that are sold off to school systems, history is changed a bit more. Add to that the quality of education received and how well the students learn and you get people that know almost nothing about anything.
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others
    The rest of my post did not come thru. There were looks of horror all across the room. I had to laugh out loud. Talking to him was like seeing history come alive. He was fined by Patton in Italy for being in a dirty uniform, fought across France and into Germany etc. The world will be a lesser place when he and his kind are gone!
    Likes (1) :
    Doc Harold (8th June 2020)

Posts liked by others
    So true Joni!

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by .45s r best View Post
    Despite the fact that this is a true event, I thought it hilarious and had to post it here. One of the rap worlds bright stars recently chimed in on the idea of a wall on our southern border, he said "the Nazi's had a wall, Hitler called it the Berlin
    Wall...it did not work very well for the Nazi's, what makes people think a wall on our border will work?" Proof positive that history is not taught in our schools!
    What an idiot?
    Steve

Posts liked by others
    Not quite on a par with the above, but my son, who was 18 at the time (1997), went to see the movie Titanic as a first date with a new girl. While discussing things in general, as well as the movie, prior to it showing, he mentioned to a friend with them about the particulars of the way the ship broke up during sinking (he'd always been a fan, and had the book about its discovery as soon as it came out). His date cried out "The ship sinks???!!! How could you ruin the story for me like that?"

They didn't have a second date. Like me, my son has always been a fan of history, WWII in particular, and oftentimes surprises me by knowing things I (as a 75-year old) don't about it.
    Likes (1) :
    Doc Harold (8th June 2020)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast