Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oh, really?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I share the original poster's skepticism & the numbers just reinforce that. Even if one COULD turn out 320 rounds/hour, why is that desireable? Better a slower rate & more attention to detail & safety. I just hope he doesn't loan out any of that ammo. Not MY idea of safe usage.
    Likes (2) :
    Mark75H (1st August 2020), MuyModesto (26th November 2020)

Posts liked by others
    I just loaded 100 .45 acp rounds today. Lee 3 die Turret Press, start to finish, 102 minutes. I can shoot faster than I can load them.

Posts liked by others
    Yep, I loaded 100 9mm’s yesterday and started with primed and flared cases on my Redding single stage press. Took me an hour and a half. But I’m retired and it was snowing outside and I enjoyed every minute of “me time”. I forget all the worlds problems and just think about reloading.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member, GOA Member, MGO Member
    Likes (1) :
    Kosh75287 (25th November 2020)

Posts liked by others
    I reload on a Dillon RL 550 B, which is a four stage non-auto indexing press.

I go slowly, checking every headstamp before putting the casing in station one, and looking into every case as it’s going from station two to station three to ensure that the powder level ”looks right.”

I have to manually put the shell case into station one, manually index the press, and manually put the bullet onto the top of the shell case at station three.

At that, I usually load 200 rounds per hour, which is less than what Dillon describes the press as capable of.

I prefer to be careful, rather than hurry.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer
    Likes (2) :
    JD11 (28th November 2020), Kosh75287 (25th November 2020)

Last edited by Rick McC.; 25th November 2020 at 10:07.

Posts liked by others
    Wow what a claim, I must be doing something very wrong https://youtu.be/YgyAvx3iWi8
    Likes (1) :
    JD11 (28th November 2020)

Posts liked by others
    Let them claim whatever they want. No skin off my nose.
    Any one that loads for speed scares my any way.
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    There are a lot of ignorant clowns on these sites who spout nonsense, but don't realize what they are saying are obvious lies to those who know better.

Just last week a guy on another site was bragging about loading 3,000 rounds of 9mm on his Dillon 750 in 2.5-hours. Sorry, but unless he had 30-primer tubes loaded and someone to keep the casefeeder fed and the powder hopper filled, and suffered no stoppages and did not take a break, then MAYBE he could do that. But I doubt it. I can safely load 1000-rounds of .45ACP in that time period, provided all my previously named conditions were met, which ain't gonna happen.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion
    All my 1911s are in .45ACP. Why? Because fewer of bigger is better than more of smaller. --Me
    Beware Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips from Clayton, NC. He is ripping-off everyone

Posts liked by others
    It never ends---the clown part, that is. There's a Kimber owner's group on Facebook and a guy posted this the other day after he sent his 1911 to Kimber for a "repair":
    "Then to top it off the condition of my weapon upon return was rather unexpected. It was bathing in a bag of excess oil filled with grime and hair (yes a patch of human hair) along with a missing magazine. While it could’ve been worse, I still expect better treatment of a $1500 firearm"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123